How to Become a TravelSort Client
We are accepting new TravelSort Hotels clients on a selective basis, in order to maintain our personalized level of service for existing clients. We'll describe the services we provide to help determine whether we would be a good fit.
We are experts in luxury hotels, resorts, cruises, and first class and business class flights for our high-end leisure clients worldwide. In addition to planning clients' luxury travel, we have first hand experience at many Four Seasons, Aman Resorts, Mandarin Oriental and luxury boutique hotels around the world, as well as flights on Singapore Suites and first class on Cathay Pacific, Etihad, British Airways, and other airlines. This direct experience enables us to better advise even the most discerning clients.
Our goal is to provide the highest possible level of service when making luxury hotel and international flight bookings. Many of our clients book with us to ensure the perfect engagement weekend, destination wedding, honeymoon or anniversary celebration, and we are honored to help with their celebration.
We follow up on every hotel reservation to ensure the hotel knows your specific preferences and requirements. As an independent affiliate of Cadence, we also have access to Virtuoso, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Peninsula PenClub, Belmond Bellini Club, Ritz-Carlton STARS, Rosewood Elite, Mandarin Oriental Fan Club and other preferred partner privileges, so our clients enjoy VIP status when we book their reservations, including complimentary upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast, special welcome amenities, and more.
With our TravelSort Award Booking Service, we also help our clients to get to their destination in style, by booking them in Cathay Pacific First Class, Singapore Suites, Lufthansa First Class, Etihad First Class, and more, using their frequent flyer miles and points. Our award booking service is exclusively available to clients reserving their cruise or at least $5000 pre-tax in hotel bookings per 1-2 guests for the same itinerary for which award booking assistance is sought.
Are We a Good Fit?
If you can answer yes to the following questions, we would look forward to welcoming you as a new TravelSort client.
1. Are You a Luxury Traveler who Regularly Stays in 5-Star Hotels and Resorts or Takes Luxury Cruises?
We provide TravelSort Hotels clients with expert advice and exclusive amenities at over 900 luxury properties around the world, including Aman Resorts, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz-Carlton, Orient Express, and a number of luxury boutique hotels and resorts. We've personally stayed in the vast majority of hotels and resorts where we book clients, and additionally draw on recent feedback from our discerning clients when recommending particular hotels and resorts for a given destination.
We also book our clients on luxury cruise lines, including Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Cunard Line, Oceania, Paul Gauguin, Lindblad Expeditions, AmaWaterways and others.
2. Is Your Typical Hotel Booking at Least $1,500 per Stay and $20,000 or More per Year?
Please note that new clients' initial hotel bookings must be for a minimum of $1500 for a stay. The only exception is when a luxury cruise is booked with us, in which case the pre-cruise and/or post-cruise hotel booking may be under this amount for the initial booking. We can and do handle smaller bookings for loyal clients, but if you exclusively book 1 or 2 night stays without any longer bookings, we are not a good fit. Most clients reserve $20,000 or more in hotel stays and/or cruises with us each year.
3. Do You Want to Establish a Relationship with a Trusted Travel Advisor?
Our goal is to get to know you and your preferences so that we can handle your travel arrangements as effectively as possible with attention to personal detail. We will respond to you and make your reservations as quickly as possible and follow up on your requests.
If you’re just price shopping, looking for the best deal for a single booking, or booking one night here and there, we are not a good fit.
4. Do You Appreciate the Value and Service you Receive by Booking with a Luxury Travel Expert?
We do more than just make a hotel reservation; we work with our contacts at each property to ensure you are recognized as a VIP guest and to make them aware of your preferences. Typically we can book the Best Available flexible rate for you, and you will also receive complimentary amenities thanks to our Virtuoso and preferred partner status such as complimentary daily breakfast for two, room upgrade upon arrival if available, and extra amenities that differ by property. These perks will never be part of a third party online booking, nor will you receive the personalized service and benefit of our partner hotels' personal contacts, that we regularly provide our clients.
If you answered yes to all of the above, please complete in the TravelSort New Client Request Form and fax it to 646-760-5549. Note that due to the number of new client forms and existing client requests we receive daily, we are unable to respond if the form is not filled out completely, including card details and signature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Fees?
Currently we charge a $50 fee if you request hotel or cruise assistance or a quote but do not book any hotel or cruise with us for the destination and dates requested, and complete the stay or sailing. As long as you book a hotel or cruise with us that pays a travel advisor commission (even if it's a different hotel than you originally requested or that we quoted) and complete the stay or sailing, there is no charge to you. The fee applies per hotel request, so if you requested assistance for 3 hotels for consecutive dates, a $50 fee applies for each, a total of $150 in non-booking fees apply if no commissionable hotel stays are booked with us for any of the dates.
The only other fees we charge are for booking flight tickets or making other transport or tour reservations. For our Award Booking Service using frequent flyer miles, a $160 per ticket deposit is charged prior to the award search for a one way or round trip award. This fee can be refunded entirely when booking cruises or hotels of at least $12,000 for two people for the itinerary. Clients that are booking at least $5000 in hotels or cruises for two people (at least $10,000 for a family of four) are eligible for the Award Booking Service, and/or may also have us make paid flight bookings, at a cost of $125 per ticket (additional cost for multiple stops). Car rental, train, private guide or similar tour reservations are charged $50 per reservation.
For clients who seek more comprehensive destination advice, restaurant, activity and private guide recommendations and booking assistance as well as a trip folder with printed itinerary and copies of your reservations, we charge a travel planning fee that ranges from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the trip length and extent of trip planning required.
Once I’ve Provided my New Client Form and Provided My Credit Card Details by Phone, How Do I Request a Hotel Quote?
Please email us at concierge [at] travelsort.com with:
- Travel Dates and Destination
- Desired Hotel (1 or 2 max for given dates; or if undecided, describe what you’re seeking in a hotel and let us recommend one for you)
- Room Type and Bed Type
- Any special requests for your stay
When Do I Pay for Virtuoso or Preferred Partner Rates Booked Through TravelSort?
We provide the hotel with your credit card number, which you provide us by phone, in order to guarantee the reservation. You typically then pay the hotel on checkout and can use a different form of payment if you choose. Certain hotels and rates require a deposit at the time of booking. If this is the case, we will of course confirm this with you prior to making the booking.
Can TravelSort Book AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts Stays?
Does TravelSort Still Provide Wholesale Hotel Rates?
No, we focus exclusively on Virtuoso and preferred partner benefits at luxury hotels. As noted above, rates are typically the best available flexible rate, but include upgrades, complimentary breakfast, resort credit, and exclusive amenities by booking with us.
How Do I Request a Flight Award Booking?
Please see our Award Booking page.
Where Can I See Your Luxury Hotel Reviews?
Please see our hotel reviews.
Where Can I See Your First and Business Class Flight Reviews?
Please see our reviews of these products:
- Review: Lufthansa First Class 747-8 JFK to Frankfurt
- Review: Singapore A380 Business Class Video
- Kid's Cathay Pacific First Class Review (Video), HKG-JFK
- JetBlue Mint Review, A321
- Review: Cathay Pacific 777-300ER Business Class HKG-JFK
- Review: Garuda Business Class, 777-300ER
- Review: Cathay Pacific 777-300 Business Class DPS-HKG
- Review: SilkAir A320 Business Class Singapore to Lombok
- Review: Singapore Airlines 777 Business Class Manila to Singapore
- Review: Japan Airlines JAL 767-300ER Tokyo to Manila
- ANA First Class Review 777-300ER
- Review: Japan Airlines 777-300ER First Class, JFK-NRT
- Review: Brussels Airlines A330 Business Class BRU-JFK
- Review: Cathay Pacific First Class 777-300ER JFK-YVR
- Review: Air France 777-300ER Business Class
- Review: Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class JFK-FRA
- Review: Brussels Airlines Business Class A330 JFK-BRU
- Review: Virgin America First Class A320 JFK to SFO
- Review: Swiss Business Class A330, Zurich to New York JFK
- Review: Fiji Airways Business Class A330-200
- Review: Air New Zealand 777-200 Business Class
- Review: Singapore Airlines Business Class 777-300ER
- Review: Singapore Airlines Business Class A350-900 DME to SIN
- Review: SWISS A330 Business Class
- Review: Austrian Airlines 767-300 Business Class
- JetBlue Mint Business Class 2017 Review
- Japan Airlines First Class Review, 777-300ER
- Review: JAL Sky Suite Business Class 777-300ER
- JetBlue Mint: 5 Things I Love and 2 Things I Don't
- Japan Airlines 777-300ER Business Class Sky Suite Review
- Review: ANA First Class 777 New York JFK to Tokyo Narita
- Review: British Airways First Class 747 London to New York
- Flight Review: Virgin America First Class SFO to JFK
- Review: British Airways First Class 747 New York to London
- Review: Etihad First Class Apartment A380 Abu Dhabi to New York JFK
- Review: Etihad Business Class A330-200 and Leeli Business Class Lounge, Male
- Review: Etihad Airways Economy Class A330-200
- Review: Emirates Economy Class 777-300
- British Airways First Class: 5 Things I Love and 5 That I Don't
- Review: Emirates First Class A380 New York to Dubai
- Review: American First Class A321 San Francisco to New York
- Cathay Pacific First Class Review, Hong Kong to LAX
- Emirates A380 First Class: 6 Things I Love and 3 I Don't
- Review: Cathay Pacific 777 First Class
- Review: American Airlines Old A321 First Class with Recliner Seats
- Review: Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER
- Cathay Pacific First Class: 6 Things I Love and 2 That I Don’t
- Review: Lufthansa First Class 747-8 NYC to Frankfurt
- Review: American Airlines A321 First Class San Francisco to New York JFK
- Review: Fiji Airways Business Class A330 NAN-LAX
- Review: Air New Zealand Premium Economy 777-200ER
- Review: Air New Zealand Business Premier 777-200
- Air Tahiti Nui Business Class Review A340-300
- Review: American Airlines A321 First Class JFK to LAX
- Review: Air Tahiti Nui Business Class A340-300
- Review: American A321 Business Class New York to Los Angeles
- Review: JetBlue Mint Business Class A321
- Review: Etihad First Class Apartment A380 Abu Dhabi to New York JFK
- Review: Qantas First Class A380 Sydney to Los Angeles
- Review: Etihad A380 First Apartment Sydney to Abu Dhabi
- Review: Etihad A380 First Class Apartment Abu Dhabi to Sydney
- Review: Qantas First Class A380 Dubai to Melbourne, Australia
- Review: Qantas First Class A380 London to Dubai
- Review: Emirates First Class A380 New York to Dubai
- Kid's Review: Etihad First Class Apartment A380
- Review: American Airlines 767-300 Business Class
- Review: TAM Airlines New Business Class 767-300ER
- Airberlin Business Class A330 Review Berlin TXL to NYC JFK
- Air Berlin A330 Business Class Review Berlin TXL to NYC JFK
- Review: Singapore Suites A380 New York JFK to Frankfurt with a Kid
- Review: Air Berlin Business Class A330 JFK to Berlin
- Review: Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER
- Review: Japan Airlines JAL 767-300ER Business Class
- Review: JetBlue Mint Suite
- Emirates A380 First Class Review
- Trans Maldivian Airways Seaplane Review
- Review: Etihad A330-200 Business Class
- Review: Etihad First Class 777-300ER NYC to Abu Dhabi
- Etihad First Class 787-9 Review
- Thai Airways A380 First Class Review
- Bangkok Airways Review
- KLM Business Class 777 Review
- Asiana Business Class A330 Review
- Review: Asiana A380 First Class Suite NYC JFK to Seoul ICN
- Review: Japan Airlines JAL Sky Suite 777 Business Class
- Review: Cathay Pacific New Regional Business Class 777-300
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Review, A330-300
- Qantas First Class A380 Review
- Review: British Airways Business Class on the 747-400 JFK-LHR
- United First Class Review Hawaii to NYC
- Review: Alaska Airlines First Class to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines First Class Review
- Asiana A380 First Class Suite Review
- Review: Asiana Business Class, A330
- Emirates First Class A380 Review: Hong Kong to Bangkok
- Singapore Suites A380 Review: Singapore to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific First Class Review NYC JFK to Hong Kong
- Singapore Suites A380 Review: Frankfurt to Singapore
- Singapore Suites A380 Review JFK to Frankfurt
- Iberia Business Class A340-600 Review
- Iberia New Business Class A330-300 Review
- British Airways New First Class Review LHR to JFK and Giveaway
- Singapore Suites A380 Review
- Singapore Business Class Review NYC JFK to Frankfurt
- British Airways New First Class 777 Review
- Etihad First Class Review: Abu Dhabi to NYC
- Etihad Business Class Review: Male to Abu Dhabi
- Qatar Business Class and Economy Class Review Doha to Male, Maldives
- Review: Qatar Business Class NYC JFK-Doha
- Cathay Pacific First Class NYC JFK to Vancouver YVR
- Singapore First Class Review
- Lufthansa Business Class Review: Short Haul in Europe
- Lufthansa New First Class Review
- Cathay Pacific First Class Review: Hong Kong to New York
- Cathay Pacific First Class Bali to Hong Kong Review
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Review 747-400: Hong Kong to Bali
- Flight Review: Cathay Pacific First Class NYC-Hong Kong with a Kid
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Review 777-300ER: NYC to Hong Kong
- SWISS Airlines A330-300 Business Class Review: Zurich-Montreal
- Swiss Airlines Business Class Review: Bangkok-Zurich
- Thai Airways Business Class Review
- Singapore Airlines Business Class Review, Tokyo to Singapore
- ANA All Nippon Airways Business Class Review, LA-Tokyo
- United BusinessFirst Review 757-200 EWR-LAX
- Virgin America Main Cabin Select Review
- Virgin America First Class Review
- Lufthansa First Class Review
- OpenSkies Business Class Biz Seat Review
Where Can I See Your First Class and Business Class Lounge Reviews?
Here are our lounge reviews:
- Review: Air France Lounge Chicago ORD, Priority Pass
- Review: Lufthansa First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge JFK Review
- Review: MasterCard Lounge Prague Airport, Priority Pass
- SWISS Business Class Lounge JFK Review and Video
- Review: Airspace Lounge, NYC JFK Terminal 5 Prior to JetBlue Flight
- Review: AMEX Centurion Lounge, Hong Kong
- Review: Premier Lounge Bali Denpasar DPS
- Lounge Review: Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge, Manila Airport Terminal 3
- Review: Amanpulo Lounge and Island Aviation Flight
- Review: JAL Sakura Lounge, Tokyo NRT
- Review: British Airways Galleries Lounge JFK Terminal 7
- Review: Lufthansa Senator Lounge New York JFK Terminal 1
- Review: American Flagship Lounge JFK and Flagship First Dining
- Review: Lufthansa Business Class Lounge Frankfurt T1
- Review: JFK Lufthansa Business Class Lounge
- Review: Swiss Business Class Lounge Zurich, E Gates
- Review: Delta Sky Club San Francisco SFO
- Review: Delta Sky Club LAX T3
- Review: Fiji Airways Lounge Nadi Airport
- Air New Zealand Auckland International Lounge Review
- Review: Singapore Airlines SilverKris Business Class Lounge T3, Changi
- JFK: SWISS Business Class Lounge Review
- Review: Laucala Lounge, Nadi Airport, Fiji
- Review: Austrian Airlines Business Class Lounge, Vienna Airport
- Review: Vienna Airport Jet Lounge, Priority Pass
- JFK Lufthansa Business Class Lounge Review
- AMEX Centurion Lounge San Francisco Airport SFO 2017 Review
- Review: Expanded AMEX Centurion Lounge Seattle Airport
- Delta Sky Club Seattle Lounge 2017 Review
- Review: Korean Air KAL Lounge, Los Angeles Airport LAX
- JAL First Class Lounge Tokyo Narita Review
- Review: Air France Lounge New York JFK
- Review: British Airways First Class Lounge New York JFK Terminal 7
- Review: British Airways Concorde Room Cabana London Heathrow Terminal 5
- Review: British Airways Concorde Room New York JFK
- Review: Etihad First Class Lounge and Spa, Abu Dhabi
- Review: Cheval Blanc Randheli Lounge, Male Maldives
- Review: Moonimaa Lounge, Male and Transfer to Park Hyatt Maldives
- Review: Emirates Lounge, JFK Airport, NYC
- Review: American Express Centurion Lounge San Francisco SFO
- Review: Cathay Pacific's Renovated The Pier Business Class Lounge, Hong Kong
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Wing First Class Lounge, Hong Kong Airport
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Pier First Class Lounge, Hong Kong Airport
- Qantas First Class Lounge Los Angeles LAX Review
- Review: The Centurion Lounge New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Review: Business Class Lounge, Domodedovo Airport (DME), Moscow
- Review: AMEX Centurion Lounge Houston IAH
- Review: Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt
- Review: Lufthansa First Class Lounge JFK Airport Terminal 1
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal, Frankfurt: 6 Things I Love
- Review: AMEX Centurion Lounge San Francisco Airport SFO
- Review: AMEX Centurion Studio Seattle Airport SEA
- Review: Fiji Airways Tabua Club Lounge, Nadi (NAN)
- Etihad New First Class Lounge, Abu Dhabi Now Open
- Lounge Review: Air New Zealand Auckland Koru Lounge
- Papeete Airport Business Class Lounge Review
- Review: Los Angeles International Lounge
- Review: Etihad Lounge New York JFK
- Review: Qantas First Class Lounge Los Angeles LAX
- Review: Etihad Premium Lounge Abu Dhabi Terminal 3
- Review: Etihad Airways Arrivals Lounge Abu Dhabi
- Review: Qantas First Class Lounge Sydney
- Review: Etihad First and Business Class Lounge Sydney
- Review: Qantas International Business Class Lounge, Melbourne MEL
- Review: Etihad Business Class Lounge Abu Dhabi
- Review: Emirates First Class Lounge Dubai DXB
- Review: Emirates Lounge London Heathrow Terminal 3
- Review: American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge JFK Terminal 8
- Cancun Airport: Mera Business Lounge Review
- Air Berlin / Air France Lounge Berlin Tegel Airport Review
- Review: Airspace Lounge at JFK Terminal 5
- Review: AMEX Centurion Lounge, New York LGA LaGuardia Airport
- Review: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, New York JFK Airport
- Review: Japan Airlines JAL First Class Lounge Tokyo Narita
- Emirates First Class Lounge Dubai Review
- Review: Etihad Business Class Lounge Abu Dhabi AUH Terminal 1
- Review: Wingtips Lounge JFK for Etihad First Class Passengers
- Review: Etihad Lounge Washington Dulles Airport
- Review: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Frankfurt Airport
- Thai Airways First Class Lounge and Spa Bangkok Review
- Lounge Review: Asiana Business Class Lounge, Seoul Incheon
- Review: SWISS Lounge JFK Terminal 4
- Lounge Review: Japan Airlines (JAL) Business Class Lounge Tokyo Narita
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Wing Business Class Lounge
- Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Hong Kong and Sleeping Room
- Review: British Airways Galleries Lounge, Dubai
- Review: British Airways First Class Lounge London Heathrow T3
- Review: British Airways Arrivals Lounge in LHR and Heathrow Express to London
- Review: British Airways Concorde Room Lounge NYC JFK Terminal 7
- United Club Lounge Newark Airport Terminal A Review
- Review: AMEX Centurion Lounge, Las Vegas
- Alaska Airlines Board Room Seattle Lounge Review
- Asiana First Class Lounge, Seoul Review
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Lounge Bangkok Review and Photos
- Singapore Airlines Private Room Lounge Review
- Review: Lufthansa Senator Lounge Frankfurt
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse JFK (Lounge for Singapore Suites)
- Iberia Business Class Lounge Madrid Review
- British Airways Galleries Lounge at JFK Terminal 7 Review
- British Airways Concorde Room and Cabana Heathrow Review
- British Airways Galleries Arrivals Lounge London and Concorde Room
- British Airways Galleries Lounge Newark Review
- Etihad First Class Lounge Review, Abu Dhabi
- Male: Plaza Premium Lounge Review
- Review: Qatar Premium Terminal Business Class Lounge, Doha
- Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge at JFK Airport
- American Airlines Admirals Club and United Club Lounge Pass Winners
- Cathay Pacific First Class JFK Lounge: British Airways Galleries
- Review: Lufthansa First Class Lounge in Munich
- Review of British Airways Galleries Lounge at JFK Airport
- Swiss Arrivals Lounge in Zurich Airport: Photos and Review
I Have Another Question Not Answered Here
Feel free to reach out to us at concierge [at] travelsort.com, and we’ll be in touch soon!