NYC Hotels and Vacation Rentals Must Have Travelers Complete the New York State Health Form Before Accessing the Room or rental, or face fines. New York State has a mandatory 14-day quarantine for arrivals from high risk coronavirus states, which is updated weekly. On 8/19/20, Mayor de Blasio announced that New York City's rate of positive COVID-19 test results is less than a quarter of a percent, just 0.24%, the lowest since the coronavirus pandemic began.
This isn't unique to NYC; Maine requires visitors to complete a “Keep Maine Healthy” form that also acknowledges the state's 14-day quarantine rule for all new arrivals to Maine except for those from New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut or those who have received a negative COVID-19 test within the 72 hours prior to arriving in Maine (see Maine: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Visitors Exempt from 14-Day Quarantine).
When are NYC Luxury Hotels Reopening?
- Andaz Fifth Avenue: 9/8/20
- Baccarat New York: 9/8/20
- Four Seasons New York Downtown: 9/14/20
- The Mandarin Oriental New York: 9/28/20
- Park Hyatt New York: 10/4/20
- The Peninsula New York: closed until further notice
- The Ritz-Carlton New York: 11/1/20
NYC Luxury Hotel Offers
- Andaz Fifth Avenue: 3rd Night Free with Hyatt Privé benefits
- Baccarat New York: 3rd Night Free with Virtuoso benefits
- Four Seasons New York Downtown: 3rd Night Free for Premier King, Corner Room, FS Executive Suite, Gotham Suite, Gotham Suite with Terrace, Hudson Suite + Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits
- The Langham Fifth Avenue: 3rd Night Free + Virtuoso benefits
- Park Hyatt New York: 3rd Night Free with Hyatt Privé benefits (also see all Hyatt Privé 3rd Night Free Offers; must book by 9/30/20)
When are NYC Museums Reopening?
NYC museums and cultural institutions are permitted to reopen as of August 24, at 25% capacity and using timed ticketing to ensure sufficient social distancing.
- American Museum of Natural History: 9/9/20
- The Frick Collection: Major renovation, planned reopening in early 2021
- The Guggenheim: Opening date TBD
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: Opening date TBD
- The Met: 8/29/20
- The Met Cloisters: 9/12/20
- MoMA: 8/27/20; free admission through 9/27/20 made possible by UNIQLO. Timed tickets are released one week in advance in one-week blocks, every Friday at 10:00 a.m. EDT, beginning on August 21. Reservations are limited to up to two adult, senior, and student tickets and two children per order.
- The Whitney: 9/3/20; tickets are pay what you wish through 9/28/20
- The 9/11 Memorial Museum: Opening date TBD
Have you had to complete a health form when checking into a hotel in NYC, Maine, or elsewhere?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits