JetBlue Announced New JetBlue Mint Routes, Newark EWR to San Francisco SFO and Los Angeles LAX, both starting July 23, 2020. JetBlue Mint is our favorite airline business class for transcontinental travel, especially with the demise of Cathay Pacific First Class and Cathay Pacific Business Class on the fifth freedom NYC-Vancouver YVR route earlier this year.
Here are the new JetBlue Mint flight numbers and times for EWR-LAX:
- Flight 1373 departs EWR 7:55am, Arrives LAX 10:50am (5 hours 55 min.; daily flight starting 7/23)
- Flight 1573 departs EWR 5:40pm, Arrives LAX 8:22pm (5 hours 42 min.; daily flight starting 8/6)
- Flight 1873 departs EWR 9:45pm, Arrives LAX 12:36am (5 hours 51 min.; daily flight starting 8/6)
In a few quick searches, the lowest JetBlue Mint fare we found was $599 each way, although dates far in advance tend to be considerably higher, likely due to the uncertainty surrounding the actual passenger demand.
And here are the new JetBlue Mint flight numbers and times for EWR-SFO:
- Flight 483 departs EWR 9:40am, Arrives SFO 12:49pm (6 hours 9 min.; daily flight starting 7/23)
- Flight 683 departs EWR 6pm, Arrives SFO 9:21pm (6 hours 21 min.; daily flight starting 8/6)
Over the spot checks we conducted, $549 was the lowest fare we found for JetBlue Mint EWR-SFO.
JetBlue New Routes (non-Mint)
In addition to the new JetBlue Mint EWR-LAX and EWR-SFO routes, JetBlue is debuting a number of new routes, which it will evaluate whether to retain or not:
As of August 6, 2020:
EWR-San Diego SAN
EWR-Las Vegas LAS
LGA-Fort Myers RSW
PHL-Palm Beach PBI
PHL-Fort Myers RSW
PHL-San Juan SJU
As of October 1, 2020:
JFK-St. Thomas STT (up to 2X weekly)
FLL-Portland, Oregon PDX (up to 2X weekly)
FLL-Seattle SEA (up to 3X weekly)
MCO-San Francisco SFO
TPA-Washington, DC DCA
In the face of all the flight cutbacks we've seen, it's interesting to see JetBlue not only add new routes, but also expand its JetBlue Mint offering to Newark, a more convenient option than JFK not only for New Jersey residents but also for passengers coming from Western Manhattan, especially with the greater reluctance to use the subway or even LIRR out to JFK.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits