The New York State Health Form is Required starting today, July 14, 2020, from all air passenger arrivals arriving in New York State from states with high numbers of Covid-19 cases. Currently the New York and Tri-State 14-day quarantine applies to visitors from 22 states and the list is updated weekly. See the current list of U.S. states subject to New York's 14-day quarantine.
Although New Jersey and Connecticut also have 14-day quarantines for arrivals from the same list of states, only New York is seeking to enforce the quarantine, by requiring completion of the NYS Health Form from all arriving air passengers (currently there doesn't seem to be any enforcement mechanism for those arriving by rail, car, boat, etc.)
Travelers who leave a New York State airport without completing the form could be subject to a $2,000 fine and may be ordered to complete a mandatory quarantine (note that all quarantining is at the traveler's expense).
Complete the New York State Health Form online prior to arrival. There are several screens, which request the following details:
- Last name
- First name
- Birth date
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of arrival
- Mode of transport into New York State
- Primary language
- Name, birth date and gender of any accompanying child(ren)/dependent(s)
- Whether New York State is the final destination
- Address in New York State (primary residence, rental or hotel)
- Whether, during the last 14 days, traveler has been in one of the restricted states with high Covid-19 community spread
- Acceptance of daily text messages from the New York State Contact Tracing Program (if traveler does not consent to text messages, a daily phone call is substituted)
- List of states traveler has been to in the last 14 days with significant community spread
- Whether today, or during the past 24 hours, the traveler has had a fever/chills, cough, or difficulty breathing
- Attestation: “I hereby attest, under penalty of law, that all information that I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.”
Those who are in New York State less than 24 hours or are an essential worker are exempt from the 14-day quarantine requirement. Those with extenuating circumstances or other questions can contact the NYS COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits