Four Seasons Lanai Will Reopen on October 15, 2020, and is offering complimentary roundtrip Lanai Air, combinable with 5th night free and Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits.
Hawaii's reopening has been delayed several times, but so far Hawaii will allow travelers with a negative COVID-19 test to skip quarantine. We just hope that Hawaii will be able to manage the tricky balance, when gradually reopening, of keeping residents and visitors safe and healthy while trying to bring back some of the highly tourism dependent economy.
Lanai is certainly attractive to visitors, given that it's a much smaller island (virtually all of it is owned by Larry Ellison) that fewer and wealthier guests tend to visit, yet it's also home to arguably the best luxury resort in Hawaii, thanks to the $75 million invested in its renovation in 2016. And, while pre-pandemic I was skeptical of Sensei Lanai, a Four Seasons Retreat, in the pandemic and post-pandemic world, this remote yet luxurious wellness retreat could become much more popular.
Complimentary Lanai Air Offer
Other than Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu, Lanai Air is the only other flight option to Lanai. Lanai Air flies a Pilatus PC-12 Swiss turboprop that seats just 6 passengers, so there's a decent chance of having just one other couple on the flight or even being the only ones on the brief 20 minute flight. Normally the cost is $250 per person each way, $500 roundtrip, so with this offer, you save at least $1000 (more if you have kids):
- Reserve an Ocean View Room or higher category room or suite at Four Seasons Lanai
- Enjoy complimentary roundtrip Lanai Air flights for a maximum of two adults and two children under 18, per room or suite per stay
- Must book by December 15, 2020 for stays that complete by March 31, 2021
- Based on Lanai Air availability and must reserve at least 7 days in advance
Keep in mind that there's an advantage to making new Four Seasons reservations prior to December 31, 2020, as these will permit changes and cancellations up to 24 hours with no penalty (although date changes are of course subject to availability and rate differences; also excludes advance purchase rates). See Four Seasons COVID-19 Cancellation Policy Update.
Combine with 5th Night Free and Four Seasons Preferred Partner Perks
The complimentary Lanai Air offer is combinable with the 5th night free offer, which is available for stays until December 15, 2020 and also for January 5-December 15, 2021. And TravelSort Clients are able to triple dip, enjoying the following Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Food and beverage credit of USD100
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Note that the 5th night free offer excludes the resort's most popular room types, Oceanfront and Prime Oceanfront rooms. These room categories are the most popular for a reason: they offer the best ocean views, and are the only room types I recommend for clients who aren't able to book an oceanfront suite but want a true ocean view (since even some of the ocean view rooms have views that are best described as partial ocean views).
New at Four Seasons Lanai
Since our 2019 review and stay, there have been several enhancements to the Four Seasons Lanai:
- New Penthouse Suites, located on the top floors of the main building, with beautiful ocean views and convenient to the lobby and restaurants
- The Break, an open air bar that provides Hawaiian coffee, light breakfast items, salads and sandwiches at lunch, and local beer, wine and shared plates in the evening
- The new Lana'i II is a luxury catamaran available for sunset cruises, snorkel cruises, diving, or private charters
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits