Four Seasons Lanai at Koele Reopens November 2019 as A Sensei Retreat. What does that mean? Quite a few changes from the old Koele Lodge and from the usual Four Seasons stay, as it turns out.
Keep in mind that Koele is located upcountry, where it's cooler (one of its prior incarnations as the Lodge at Koele was in the style of a British manor house); the Four Seasons Lanai that I reviewed earlier this year is by Manele Bay, with ocean views.
The new Four Seasons Lanai at Koele is adults-only, the only Four Seasons hotel in the world to be so, as far as I'm aware. All guests must be 18 years or older.
The resort is also all inclusive, including the following for a 3 night stay; additional spa treatments, consultations, and activities are added for longer 5 night and 7 night stays.
- Roundtrip Lanai Air flights from Honolulu
- All meals and refreshments at the Sensei by Nobu restaurant
- Personally assigned Sensei Guide (wellness concierge) who crafts your personalized itinerary prior to your arrival and supports you throughout your stay
- Unlimited group classes and lectures
- Daily hikes
- One 2-hour Sensei signature spa experience in a private hale (once during the stay)
- A spa or beauty treatment (once per stay)
- Private one-on-one consultation or training session with a Sensei Guide or wellness practitioner (once per stay)
- 18-hole putting green
- All gratuities
Stay Options: 3, 5 or 7 Nights
Longer stay options add additional spa and beauty treatments, private wellness consultations, Adventure Park and/or cultural activities.
Pricing and Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits
All meals including breakfast are already included in the all inclusive pricing, which starts at ~$4000 + taxes per night per couple or ~$2500 for a single guest.
TravelSort Clients enjoy these additional benefits:
- One $100 Hotel credit for use during the stay
- Top priority for an upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Naturally I haven't stayed yet at the new Four Seasons Lanai at Koele, which only opens in November 2019, but I can't say I'm drawn to the quite spartan rooms and suites depicted on the Web site. I'm sure the wellness programs will be excellent, but since I'm not much of a spa person, I definitely prefer the Four Seasons Lanai by Manele Bay, with its beautiful ocean views and more choices for dining.
But for those seeking a wellness-focused retreat that is serene and adults-only, with Four Seasons beds and quality, the reopened Four Seasons Lanai at Koele may be worth considering.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits