Buy British Airways Avios with a 50% Bonus until February 24, 2019. The usual price when buying Avios is 2.77 cents per point, so with the bonus, you're paying 1.85 cents per point. You can also gift Avios with the bonus to a fellow British Airways Executive Club member.
Since I recommend never redeeming miles and points below a 2 cent per point valuation, and ideally much more, this is a decent if not spectacular deal for those who focus on high value first class and business class award redemptions. Another good aspect of this offer is that the 50% bonus applies on all purchase amounts (minimum purchase of 1000 Avios) so if you just need to top up your account with a few thousand Avios, this is a good opportunity.
Here are the full offer terms:
- Buy or gift from 1000 to 200,000 Avios and receive 50% bonus Avios
- The Avios account must have at least one Avios already in the account.
- Purchase by 2/24/19
- Purchased Avios can be refunded within 14 days of purchase providing the Avios have not been used. Contact the British Airways Executive Club via BA.com or by telephone to cancel. Payments will be reimbursed no later than 14 days after the date of which the Executive Club was informed about the decision to cancel.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Purchase Avios offer.
- The Executive Club Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Use apply to this offer and can be found at ba.com.
- British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer.
Best Uses of British Airways Avios
Good uses of British Airways Avios tend to not be on British Airways metal, for a few reasons. British Airways First Class and British Airways Business Class are underwhelming products, award availability, especially for two or more people traveling together on routes to and from the U.S., is scarcer than it used to be, and there are expensive fuel surcharges on tickets, especially departing from the U.S. and from London Heathrow.
Better uses include Iberia Business Class; Cathay Pacific First Class from Vancouver to JFK for 50K Avios + $54 (but not the reverse, due to very high fuel surcharges on the ex-JFK flight); American Airlines flights within the U.S. and to the Caribbean; JAL intra-Japan flights; Cathay Pacific Business Class intra-Asia flights; Qantas Business Class intra-Australia flights; and the odd British Airways Business Class fifth freedom flight, such as between Sydney and Singapore, if you can find award space.
On the plus side, the British Airways Avios award calendar opens nearly a full month earlier than American AAdvantage and Alaska Mileage Plan, so those with British Airways Avios can snag awards before those redeeming AAdvantage and Mileage Plan miles.
Do you plan to buy Avios with a 40% bonus?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits