Tokyo is one of the best luxury hotel cities, though that comes at a steep price during cherry blossom season. Fortunately, if you go right after that, in May, or in fall (ideally October-November), you can still enjoy the city while avoiding the worst heat and humidity of the summer months. Here are the current best Tokyo luxury hotel offers in 2018:
1. Shangri-La Tokyo: 4th Night Free + Luxury Circle Benefits
The Shangri-La Tokyo, which I look forward to visiting later this year, is the favorite Tokyo hotel of some of my clients who have been to Tokyo and Japan numerous times. They especially value the great Concierge Team and that the hotel is one of three hotels (the others being the Four Seasons Tokyo and the Tokyo Station Hotel) that will meet you at Tokyo Station when you arrive, and escort you there when you depart; handy given how large and crowded Tokyo Station is. Plus, Shangri-La Luxury Circle will confirm an upgrade at time of booking, for certain room types. Those who want club lounge access should reserve a Horizon Club room.
Dates: Book by May 3 for travel May 7-September 7, 2018
Shangri-La Tokyo Luxury Circle Benefits
- Upgrade to the next room type category at the time of booking, subject to availability (see categories below)
- Hotel credit of USD100 or 10% of average daily room rate, whichever is higher (once per stay)
- Complimentary full breakfast for two, including in-room dining
- A VIP Welcome Amenity
- Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
Luxury Circle Confirmed Upgrades
Book Deluxe Room; Upgrade to Deluxe Imperial Garden View Room
Book Deluxe Imperial Garden View Room; Upgrade to Premier Room
Book Horizon Club Deluxe Room; Upgrade to Horizon Club Deluxe Imperial Garden View Room
Book Horizon Club Deluxe Imperial Garden View Room; Upgrade to Horizon Club Premier Room
2. Ritz-Carlton Tokyo: 4th Night Free + Virtuoso Benefits
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo, in the top 9 floors of the 53-story Midtown Tower in bustling Roppongi, offers fantastic views of Mount Fuji from select rooms and suites and from the Club Lounge.
Dates: Until August 31, except blackout dates of March 30 and 31; April 3 and 7; May 3 and 4; June 23 and 30; July 14 and 29; and August 12 and 13, 2018.
Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Virtuoso Benefits
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests
- $100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, excluding alcohol, taxes & gratuities, Hotel car/transportation, In-room massages, laundry fees & handling fees and retail.)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
3. The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho: 4th Night Free and Starwood Luxury Privileges Benefits
The Prince Gallery Tokyo is usually priced a bit lower than other Tokyo luxury hotels, although keep in mind that entry level rooms are also smaller, at 452 square feet, than rooms at the Shangri-La Tokyo, Ritz-Carlton Tokyo, Peninsula Tokyo, and of course Aman Tokyo. I've also heard some disappointment about the small bathrooms and lack of variety for breakfast, but otherwise it's a solid property, especially if you'll be out and about much of the day.
Dates: Until December 30, 2018; offer may not be repeated during stay
Prince Gallery Tokyo Starwood Luxury Privileges Benefits
- USD 100 Food & Beverage credit at the hotel restaurants and barsper room per stay (not available for in-room dining and minibar)
- Daily Buffet or set Breakfast for two guest at Hotel Restaurant (not available for in-room dining)
- Complimentary standard in-room internet access
- Upgrade on arrival, early check-in, and late check-out, which are all subject to availability
4. Mandarin Oriental Tokyo: 4th Night Free for Suites + Fan Club Suite Temptations Benefits
While we stayed in a regular room at the Mandarin Oriental, not a suite, we were impressed with the fun and creative welcome amenity for our son, a fruit “pizza” made with his favorite fruit, and with the Concierge team. Not only did they find a replacement battery charger for my camera battery, they managed to retrieve my husband's laptop from a colleague's place in the Tokyo suburbs. Simply incredible service.
Dates: There aren't published dates for this offer, but TravelSort Clients can contact us to check if available.
Fan Club Suite Temptations Benefits
- Continental breakfast for two
- Spa credit of USD 100 once during stay
- High speed internet access
- Welcome amenity
5. Four Seasons Tokyo: 10% Off Advance Purchase Rate + Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits
The Four Seasons Tokyo is one of the smaller Four Seasons hotels, with just 57 rooms and suites. It's right by Tokyo Station, so staff, given advance notice, will meet you on the train platform, and are also happy to escort you to your train, whether the shinkansen or Narita Express, on departure.
Dates: Until December 31, 2018
Four Seasons Tokyo Preferred Partner Benefits
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Food and beverage credit of USD100
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
What is your favorite Tokyo luxury hotel and why?
Hotel Review: The Peninsula Tokyo
Top 10 Tips for Dining in Japan
Japan Airlines First Class Review, 777-300ER
If you enjoyed this, join 200,000+ readers: follow TravelSort on Twitter or like us on Facebook to be alerted to new posts.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube and TravelSort on Instagram for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits