On Amazon, Earn 8X AMEX Membership Rewards points per dollar if targeted in your AMEX Offers. To view, log into your AMEX account and scroll down to “Amex Offers & Benefits.” Both my husband and I were targeted on our AMEX Blue Business Plus cards, which have no annual fee and earn 2X points per dollar on all spend.
Here are the offer details:
- Earn 8X AMEX Membership Rewards points on Amazon.com spend by using your enrolled card
- Limit of 3000 bonus Membership Rewards points will be awarded
- Amazon purchases must be processed by 12/31/20 to earn the bonus
- Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
- Offer not valid for Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
Normally we earn 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar on all Amazon spend by using our Ink Cash card to purchase Amazon gift cards at Staples, since the Ink Cash earns a 5X bonus on office supply store spend. But with this 8X spend bonus, we'll temporarily switch to our targeted AMEX cards until we earn the 3000 bonus points for each of our cards.
Best Uses of AMEX Membership Rewards Points
In non-pandemic times, our top recommendation for AMEX Membership Rewards points is to find availability for airline business or first class awards, and transfer to a frequent flyer program able to reserve these award tickets. Even better is when there are transfer bonuses; in the past there have been point transfer bonuses to British Airways Avios, Air Canada Aeroplan, Air France Flying Blue, and Qantas. We've transferred to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club to book ANA First Class The Suite, British Airways (when there's a transfer bonus) in order to secure early access to Cathay Pacific First Class or short haul in JAL Business Class, and Emirates Skywards for Emirates First Class.
While Membership Rewards also transfers 1:1 to Singapore KrisFlyer, Air France Flying Blue, and JetBlue TrueBlue, among others, these programs are also transfer partners of Chase Ultimate Rewards, which are much easier to earn due to category bonuses. For this reason, we tend to only transfer from AMEX if there's a lucrative transfer bonus or a transfer partner that doesn't partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits