12/24/18: Again 40X at Magazines.com
11/23/18 Update: Back to 25X
Earn 40X AAdvantage on Magazines.com at the AAdvantage eShopping Portal and also enjoy Black Friday savings off some magazines. While the best way to earn AAdvantage miles is by receiving targeted mailers for Citi AAdvantage cards that enable you to bypass the 24 month language of public offers, if you only need a few more AAdvantage miles and can wait for the miles to post, this 40X AA miles on Magazines.com is a good opportunity:
- Buy $50 in magazine subscriptions = 2000 AAdvantage miles
- Buy $100 in magazine subscriptions = 4000 AAdvantage miles
- Buy $250 in magazine subscriptions = 10,000 AAdvantage miles
Are Purchases Processed by American Airlines?
No, purchases are processed by the merchant, in this case Magazines.com, so there is no American Airlines category bonus for AAdvantage eShopping purchases. Instead, use a credit card that you're working on minimum spend for, or a card with good earning on all purchases, such as the AMEX Blue Business Plus. See our Best Travel Credit Cards page.
Are All Magazines.com Titles Eligible?
No: the following magazine titles are not eligible for 40X: American Patchwork & Quilting, Better Homes & Gardens, Country Gardens, Diabetic Living, Do-It-Yourself, EatingWell, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Family Circle, FamilyFun, Fitness, Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, Midwest Living, Parents, Siempre Mujer, Successful Farming, Traditional Home, Wood, Fit Pregnancy, Flex, Globe, Men's Fitness, Muscle & Fitness, National Examiner, Natural Health, OK! Magazine, Shape, Soap Opera Digest, Star and The National Enquirer.
Can I Use Discount Codes?
Since the 40X is not available using discount codes not found on the AAdvantage eShopping portal site, you shouldn't enter any additional discount codes if you want to earn 40X miles per dollar.
What If I Cancel the Subscription? Do I Keep the Miles?
No; per the terms, orders cancelled within 90 days are not eligible.
Do Magazine Subscriptions Automatically Renew?
Yes, all magazine subscriptions automatically renew by default, but immediately after purchasing, you can create an account, login and turn the auto-renew off.
What Are the Best Ways to Use AAdvantage Miles?
Some of my favorite uses of AAdvantage miles include:
- JAL First Class to Japan or Korea for 80,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- JAL Business Class to Japan or Korea for 60,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Cathay Pacific Business Class to Hong Kong or Southeast Asia for 70,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Qatar Business Class via Doha to East Africa or South Africa for 75,000 miles each way (note that your stop in Doha must be <24 hours). See Qatar Qsuites Pros and Cons
Do you plan to take advantage of this 40X AAdvantage miles offer for Magazines.com?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits