A 75K CitiBusiness AAdvantage Card Bonus Offer arrived in the mail as a targeted offer, which is better than the current 70K CitiBusiness AAdvantage offer on our Best Travel Credit Cards page, and better yet, does not have the 24 month restriction that the public offer has. Here are the offer details:
- Earn 75K AAdvantage miles after $5000 in spend within the first 5 months of account opening
- Apply by December 15, 2017 (this is our expiration date; check your targeted mailer in case it has a different validity period)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn a $99 companion certificate after spending $30K. The certificate is valid for economy class travel in the 48 contiguous United States.
- 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and on purchases at telecommunications merchants, gas stations and car rental agencies
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights
How is it Possible to Be Targeted for the 75K CitiBusiness AAdvantage Bonus Offer?
Often, when a household member has recently signed up for an AAdvantage account number but doesn't yet have any Citi AAdvantage credit cards, that person will be targeted. So if you have a household member who doesn't yet have an AAdvantage number, creating an AAdvantage account may well trigger the offer. Flyertalkers have even been known to create new AAdvantage accounts for their pets–not suggesting you should do this, but just explaining what some have done.
If Someone Else in My Household Receives The Targeted Offer, Can I Apply Instead?
Because it's a targeted mailer, you must use the invitation number to apply, but at least with the ones we've received, it's possible to change both the first name and last name in the name fields.
What If I Already Have a Citi AAdvantage Card?
Our offer states that it's for new accounts only. This simply means that you can't get this bonus offer on an existing credit card account. You'd have to apply for this new card, to earn the signup bonus, and this new card constitutes a new account.
Which Great First Class and Business Class Awards Are Possible Using AAdvantage Miles?
A few of my favorite AAdvantage awards are:
- JAL First Class to Japan or Korea for 80,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- JAL Business Class to Japan or Korea for 60,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Cathay Pacific Business Class to Hong Kong or Southeast Asia for 70,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Qatar Business Class via Doha to South Africa for 75,000 miles each way
Have you been targeted for a 75K CitiBusiness AAdvantage bonus offer?
Citi AAdvantage Cards: Earn the Signup Bonus Again?
65K Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Without 24 Month Language (Targeted)
If you enjoyed this, join 200,000+ readers: follow TravelSort on Twitter or like us on Facebook to be alerted to new posts.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube and TravelSort on Instagram for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits