A Number of Luxury Hotels are Opening in 2023, including several from Six Senses, as well as Rosewood, The Peninsula, Oetker Collection, Mandarin Oriental, and Virgin Limited Edition. Many are in Europe, which for 2022 has been our clients' top international destination, due to stricter requirements for Asia (and Japan only recently reopening to independent visitors).
1. Six Senses La Sagesse Grenada: Q1 2023
The first Six Senses in the Caribbean, the Six Senses La Sagesse Grenada. Set on 38 acres, the resort will have 56 guest rooms, 7 one-bedroom villas and 5 two-bedroom villas, a swimming pool with swimup bar, Six Senses Spa (described below), the Great House with its Beach Dining Room and Bakery, Six Senses Spa, teen’s lounge and children’s play center as well as Grow With Six Senses activities.
2. The Peninsula London: Early 2023
We're especially excited about The Peninsula London, the second Peninsula hotel in Europe after The Peninsula Paris. Very centrally located at 1-5 Grosvenor Place, it's right near Hyde Park and and Buckingham Palace Gardens, only a 3 minute walk from the Hyde Park Corner Tube Station (Piccadilly Line). A 10 minute walk brings you to Buckingham Palace, and it's also walking distance to Harrods and other Knightsbridge shopping and dining. But what our clients really appreciate about The Peninsula hotels, in addition to wonderfully luxurious rooms and suites and bespoke service, is the ability to check-in early, with early check-in from 6am, so critical given the red eye flights to the UK from the U.S.
TravelSort Clients enjoy Peninsula PenClub benefits:
- Top priority for a room upgrade, based on availability at check-in
- Upgraded welcome amenities
- Daily full breakfast for two
- Peninsula Time flexible check-in and check-out
- $100 dining credit
3. Virgin Limited Edition Son Bunyola, Mallorca: Summer 2023
Virgin Limited Edition's Son Bunyola is in the Serra de Tramuntana area of Mallorca, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2011. The new boutique luxury property will have 28 rooms and suites, all with beautiful views, and including two Tower Suites, one of which was originally a medieval tower.
There will also be two restaurants with outdoor terraces, including a tapas bar in the estate's original olive press. A wholly new outdoor swimming pool will enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
TravelSort Clients enjoy Virtuoso benefits:
- Upgrade not applicable for this property
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast daily
- For all-inclusive bookings only: A complimentary cooking class with a private chef for the entire party, including a recipe card and a basket of local gifts
- For self-catering bookings only: A 100 USD equivalent transfer credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
4. Kona Village, a Rosewood Resort
Rosewood will be reopening the Kona Villa Resort, on 81 acres of land located just north of Four Seasons Hualalai, in 2022. It will essentially be a brand new resort, with 150 stand alone guest hales (homes), although the much loved Shipwreck Bar and Talk Story Bar will be faithfully recreated. Several new restaurants, a Sense Spa, fitness center, multiple pools and a Cultural Center will also be part of the resort. TravelSort Clients enjoy Virtuoso or Rosewood Elite benefits.
5. Six Senses Rome: March 2023
Located at the Piazza di San Marcello, the new Six Senses Rome will be a 5 minute walk from the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon, a 13 minute walk from the Spanish Steps, an 18-20 minute walk from the Colosseum. The hotel will offer 95 rooms and suites, an open kitchen trattoria and bar, an Earth Lab focused on sustainable living, and a Six Senses Spa, including a fitness center, spa relaxation area, treatment rooms, and Roman baths. A highlight will be the hotel's rooftop terrace, with its panoramic views of Rome and organic fruit and vegetable gardens.
6. Hotel La Palma (Oetker Collection), Capri: June 2023
Capri's first hotel is undergoing a transformation, with the renovated hotel part of Oetker Collection (which also includes Le Bristol Paris and Eden Rock in St. Barth's). The hotel enjoys a perfect location on Via Vittorio Emanuele, just a one minute walk from Piazza Umberto 1, the center of town, and a 5 minute walk from the Gardens of Augustus, the idyllic terraced botanical gardens with panoramic views of Mount Solaro and Marina Piccola.
Hotel La Palma will feature two restaurants. Gennaro’s restaurant, bar and terrace will feature authentic Italian cuisine and be led by Chef Gennaro Esposito, who earned two Michelin stars for his Torre del Saracino restaurant. The new Bianca will be a glamorous rooftop restaurant and bar open until late.
TravelSort Clients enjoy Oetker Collection Pearl Partner benefits:
- One category room upgrade at time of booking, based on availability at time of booking
- Best room in the category
- Personalized welcome amenity
- Daily complimentary breakfast for two in-house guests, including buffets
- Daily unlimited internet access for unlimited number of devices
- Priority access to courtesy car, when applicable
- EUR 85 credit for spa services or food & beverage (depends on property; check with TravelSort for details) for a 1 night stay, and an additional EUR 85 credit for a stay of 2 nights or more
7. Six Senses London
The Six Senses London will open in 2023 in Bayswater, at 149 Queensway, a 10-minute walk to Kensington Gardens, which is next to Hyde Park, a 15-minute walk from Paddington Station (easy transportation to LHR via the Heathrow Express train), and a 30-minute walk to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington. The new Six Senses will offer 110 guest rooms and suites. A highlight of any Six Senses in the Six Senses Spa, and this one will include 3500 square feet dedicated to fitness and wellness, including a 65-foot indoor swimming pool, Alchemy Bar, and a relaxation room with vaulted ceilings.
8. 1 Hanalei Bay, Kauai: February 2023
1 Hotel Hanalei Bay Will Open in February 2023, following a $250 million renovation of the former St. Regis Kauai. The resort is located on the scenic Na Pali Coast in Princeville, Kauai, and will feature 252 rooms and suites. We're excited to see that 1 Hotel Hanalei bay's spa will be a Bamford Wellness Spa; Bamford is one of our favorite brands for skincare, with formulas that use plant-based cleansers and organic ingredients. Bamford products elevated our stay at Le Bristol in Paris.
TravelSort Clients can enjoy the following Virtuoso benefits at 1 Hotel Hanalei Bay:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
- $100 USD Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in / Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
9. Banyan Tree Valle de Guadalupe: Mid-2023
The 30-villa luxury resort will mark Banyan Tree Group’s fourth property in Mexico 39 acres of land and will be home to Banyan Tree Group’s first proprietary winery featuring vineyards, rooms for fermentation, barreling and aging, as well as a winemaking laboratory, underground cellar and tasting room. Banyan Tree’s signature spa comprises four treatment rooms, sauna, a fitness center, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
10. Mandarin Oriental Vienna: Late 2023
The new Mandarin Oriental Vienna will located at Riemergasse 7, a 5-6 minute walk from Stephansplatz and St. Stephen's Cathedral, a 12 minute walk to the Vienna State Opera, and a short walk to an array of restaurants and cafes, and a 25 minute walk from the MuseumsQuartier. Set in a listed heritage building that once served as the Vienna’s commercial law court from 1912 to 2003, the reimagined hotel will include 151 guest rooms and suites surrounding a central courtyard, and will offer a restaurant, bar and outdoor garden. The property will also house a Spa at Mandarin Oriental featuring a series of treatment rooms, a swimming pool and a well-equipped fitness center.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits