Does Four Seasons Have a Loyalty Program? Reader Jamie writes “Why is it that Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Park Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria, Shangri-La etc. all belong to a loyalty program where you can earn points for stays and redeem them for free nights? Why doesn't the Four Seasons have such a program?”
The More Luxurious Hotel and Resort Brands Don't Have Points Based Loyalty Programs
Think about the most luxurious hotel and resort brands: Cheval Blanc (owned by LVMH); Four Seasons; Belmond; Aman Resorts; Rosewood Hotels; Peninsula Hotels. None of them have a points loyalty program (in contrast to Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis etc. which are part of Marriott Bonvoy; Park Hyatt and Andaz which belong to Hyatt; Waldorf Astoria and Conrad owned by Hilton, etc.). And that's for a reason: earning and redeeming points tends to make staying at hotels more transactional and promotes gamification, which is the opposite of the personalized experience that luxury brands want to cultivate.
The Four Seasons Card / Four Seasons Elite Benefits
That said, there is special recognition that Four Seasons reserves for its most loyal, highest spending guests: the Four Seasons Card, also known as Four Seasons Elite status. Here are the benefits the Four Seasons Card provides:
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- Upgrade: Guaranteed upgrade for the client's first visit after becoming Four Seasons Elite, subject to availability for subsequent stays
- Hotel Credit: A $100 hotel credit per room or $200 credit per suite, once per stay
- Late check-out: guaranteed as late as 4pm
- Complimentary Premium Internet
- Four Seasons Elite Contact
Enjoy Most of These Benefits via Four Seasons Preferred Partner
Even if you're not a Four Seasons Elite, you can enjoy most of these benefits by reserving all your Four Seasons hotel stays through TravelSort, a Four Seasons Preferred Partner:
- Upgrade if available at check-in (sometimes there's a Four Seasons Preferred Partner offer for select hotels that provides a guaranteed upgrade at booking)
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two guests per room, either at the restaurant (including buffets) or via in-room dining
- A $100 hotel credit per room or $200 per suite credit per stay. Four Seasons Private Residence stays enjoy $200 credit per bedroom
- Late check-out based on availability
The Best Way to Be Invited to Four Seasons Elite and Receive a Four Seasons Card
Four Seasons Elite is an invite-only program, so there's no set criteria, either in terms of spend or number of nights, to be invited. That said, the current best way to be invited is to reserve a Four Seasons Jet journey through TravelSort or another Four Seasons Preferred Partner. Because there's such a limited number of travelers that reserve Four Seasons Private Jet journeys, it immediately puts you in rarefied company and is likely to lead to an invitation to become a Four Seasons Elite.
The Four Seasons Private Jet Journeys in 2023 are:
- International Intrigue, March 3-26, 2023 (Seattle, Kyoto, Hoi An, Maldives, Serengeti, Marrakech, Budapest, Florence, Paris)
- Timeless Encounters, March 26-April 18, 2023 (Four Seasons Hualalai, Bora Bora, Sydney, Bali, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, Taj Mahal, Dubai, Prague, London)
- Timeless Encounters, April 17-May 10, 2023 (Four Seasons Ko Olina, Bora Bora, Sydney, Bali, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, Taj Mahal, Dubai, Florence, London)
- African Wonders, August 1-13, 2023 (Athens, The Giza Pyramids, Serengeti, Mauritius, Rwanda, Victoria Falls, Johannesburg)
- Ancient Explorer, August 16-September 8, 2023 (Miami, Mexico City, Easter Island, Bora Bora, Great Barrier Reef, Bangkok, Wadi Rum and the Lost City of Petra, The Giza Pyramids, Taormina, Madrid)
- World of Adventures, September 8-October 1, 2023 (Seattle, Kyoto, Bali, Seychelles, Rwanda, Marrakech, Bogota, Galapagos Islands, Miami)
- Uncharted Discovery, November 30-December 20, 2023 (New Orleans, features Costa Rica, Machu Picchu, Buenos Aires, Antarctica, Bogota, Bahamas)
How to Reserve
If reserving a Four Seasons Jet Journey, maximize your chance of receiving Four Seasons Elite status by reserving with TravelSort, a Four Seasons Preferred Partner. And if reserving Four Seasons hotels or resorts, enjoy higher priority for room and suite upgrades by reserving with TravelSort, since as a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, upgrades for our clients are prioritized ahead of AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, and other booking channels.
If you reserve Four Seasons hotels or are interested in a Four Seasons Private Jet journey and aren't already a client, become a TravelSort Client to enjoy Four Seasons Preferred Partner perks!
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits