Good News for Visitors to Tahiti and Bora Bora: French Polynesia Will Reopen July 15, 2020 to international visitors from all countries, including the U.S. Below are the requirements for visitors, along with the best luxury resorts in Bora Bora and French Polynesia and the Virtuoso or preferred partner benefits available to TravelSort clients.
Prior to Flying to Tahiti and French Polynesia
- Each traveler must take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to departing for Tahiti/French Polynesia
- Each traveler must provide a medical certificate that states s/he is negative for COVID-19 (is positive, may not board the flight)
- Travelers who have tested COVID-19 positive more than 3 weeks prior to departure and who have an immunity certificate are exempt from the above requirements
Arrival and During the Stay in French Polynesia
- All travelers are recommended to wear masks
- On the flight, each traveler must complete a contact form, including itinerary, accommodation name and address, and contact details
- All travelers are subject to random testing during their stay by the French Polynesia Ministry of Health
- If a traveler develops a fever, breathing difficulties, or other symptoms, s/he must alert the local health authorities
- Travelers who develop symptoms and/or test positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate in their accommodation
Where to Stay in Bora Bora and French Polynesia
Our two top luxury resort recommendations in Bora Bora and French Polynesia are The Brando, in Tetiaroa, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora, respectively. Both have undertaken new health and safety programs to ensure the safety of their guests and staff. Four Seasons has partnered with johns Hopkins for its Lead with Care program, while The Brando is working with local medical organization Ora Conseil et Expertise Sanitaire to upgrade all hygiene and cleaning processes and train The Brando's team members.
As always, the best way to reserve the Four Seasons Bora Bora is with Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits, as Four Seasons Preferred Partner guests enjoy the highest priority when it comes to upgrades.
Four Seasons Bora Bora Preferred Partner Benefits
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Spa credit of USD100 once during stay (not applicable to products)
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
- 4pm late check-out based on availability and guaranteed 4pm late check-out on all over-water suites and villas for reservations of 7 or more nights
- Complimentary shared round-trip airport boat transfers for two guests with reservations of five or more nights
The above Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits can be combined with the 4th Night Free offer or the Experience More EUR 2000 resort credit offer (requires a minimum 5 night stay).
The Brando is even more personalized and luxurious than the Four Seasons Bora Bora, with just 36 villas, so if splitting the stay between them, we recommend visiting it second. Because of the small number of villas, no upgrade is applicable, but there is a 100 EUR resort credit per villa per stay provided as a Virtuoso benefit.
The Brando Virtuoso Benefits
- Daily Buffet breakfast (all meals included in rates)
- 100 EURO Resort/Hotel credit per villa to be utilized during stay (cannot be used at Hinerava Pearl Shop, not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, cannot be deducted from tips)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits