Southwest is Now Selling Flights to Hawaii, Including Hawaii Interisland Flights. I'm more excited about the latter, since I've no interest in flying Southwest on a 5 hour 30 minute mainland to Hawaii flight. For those who are interested, however, the routes are:
- Oakland to Honolulu HNL, starting March 17, 2019
- Oakland to Maui OGG starting April 17, 2019
- San Jose SJC to Honolulu, starting May 5, 2019
- San Jose SJC to Maui, starting May 26, 2019
But Honolulu to Maui OGG interisland flights are just 40 minutes, which isn't that long, and Southwest's lowest fares are $29 each way, so $58 roundtrip, compared to Hawaiian Air fares of $98-$194 roundtrip.
So Southwest is often 1/3 the price of Hawaiian, although of course Hawaiian has many more flights. Southwest offers the following 4 flights in each direction. These flights start April 28, 2019:
Honolulu to Maui OGG
- Depart HNL 8:30am, Arrive OGG 9:15am (WN 4006)
- Depart HNL 12:10pm, Arrive OGG 1pm (WN 4231)
- Depart HNL 3:25pm, Arrive OGG 4:15pm (WN 6610)
- Depart HNL 7:05pm, Arrive OGG 7:50pm (WN 3695)
Maui OGG to Honolulu
- Depart OGG 7am, Arrive HNL 7:40am (WN 3932)
- Depart OGG 10:10am, Arrive HNL 10:55am (WN 4100)
- Depart OGG 1:50pm, Arrive HNL 2:35pm (WN 3918)
- Depart OGG 5pm, Arrive HNL 5:45pm (WN 6566)
Do you plan to book Southwest for any Hawaii or Hawaii inter-island travel?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits!