Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Transfer to Emirates Skywards miles, since Ultimate Rewards recently added Emirates as a new transfer partner. Points transfer 1:1 and transfers are typically instant. Note that as with other Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers, you can only transfer to a frequent flyer account in your name, or that of one additional household member who is an authorized user on your card account.
Best Uses of Emirates Skywards Miles
Because there are high fuel surcharges on Emirates award flights from the U.S. and many other countries, the best value uses of Emirates Skywards miles tend to be award flights from Brazil, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand, and using miles to upgrade from Business Class to First Class. Emirates Skywards charges more for one way awards than half of the least expensive Flex roundtrip award pricing for some routes (because Flex awards aren't always available for roundtrip awards). Still, because it's so much easier to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points at 3X or even 5X than it is to earn JAL Mileage Bank miles, it can be worth using more Emirates Skywards miles, transferred from Ultimate Rewards.
A few examples:
- Hong Kong HKG to New York JFK in Emirates First Class: 178,750 Skywards miles + ~$100
- MXP-JFK or ATH-EWR in Emirates First Class: 85,000 Skywards miles + ~$240
- MXP-JFK or ATH-EWR in Emirates Business Class: 62,500 Skywards miles + ~$240
- Sydney SYD to Dubai DXB in Emirates First Class: 144,000 Skywards miles (Flex award price) + ~$70
- Auckland AKL to Dubai DXB in Emirates First Class: 168,000 Skywards miles (Flex award price) + ~$25
- Sao Paulo GRU to Dubai DXB in Emirates First Class: 150,000 Skywards miles + ~$275
What are your favorite uses of Emirates Skywards miles?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits