Updated 11/9/21: You can now join the waitlist before November 24, 2021; previously the deadline was 11/8/21
Plan to Apply for the New Chase Aeroplan Credit Card? Earn 10,000 Aeroplan Points by joining the waitlist for the new card, in addition to the card's signup bonus when the card launches, assuming you're approved for the card. If you're under Chase 5/24 and planning to apply for the Aeroplan credit card, be sure to join the waitlist to pick up additional Aeroplan points. Here are the details:
- Sign up for the Chase Aeroplan card waitlist before November 24, 2021
- To qualify for the 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points, you must also apply for the Chase Aeroplan card no later than February 15, 2022 through the application link that you receive in the waitlist email
- The application must be approved by Chase to earn both the signup bonus points and the 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points for joining the waitlist
- Allow up to 8 weeks from the time you're approved for the Aeroplan card for the waitlist bonus points to be awarded
- Approved Aeroplan card members will also receive 10 eUpgrade credit that can be used for upgrades to premium cabins on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge; allow up to 16 weeks from card approval for these eUpgrade credits to be added to your Aeroplan account. eUpgrade credits are valid for one year from date of issuance.
What Can Aeroplan Points Be Used to Book?
Since Aeroplan is Air Canada's frequent flyer program and Air Canada is a member of Star Alliance, Aeroplan points can be used to book not only Air Canada award flights, but award flights of Star Alliance member airlines, such as Austrian Business Class, SWISS Business Class, Lufthansa First Class (only bookable 15 days before flight date), ANA The Suite First Class, and more.
What Do Aeroplan Awards Cost?
See our post Aeroplan's New Award Charts: Pros and Cons. Some of Aeroplan's benefits are the ability to include a stopover on a one way award for 5000 points (although the stopover cannot be in the U.S. or in Canada) and lower award costs for certain awards; for example, ANA Business Class Seattle SEA to Tokyo HND is just 55,000 Aeroplan points, vs. a typical United MileagePlus award cost of 88,000 United miles.
Which Points Transfer to Aeroplan?
Both AMEX Membership Rewards points and Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 to Aeroplan, making it easy to earn Aeroplan points even if you never fly Air Canada. The AMEX Blue Business Plus, which earns 2X on all spend, and Chase category bonuses, such as 3X on all travel and dining with the Chase Sapphire Reserve, rotating 5X categories with the Chase Freedom, 5X with the Ink Business Cash on phone, internet, cable, and office supply purchases (including Whole Foods gift cards) make it easy to earn points quickly on everyday spend.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits