The 100K Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer Ends Today, 10/6/21. The best way to get this offer is through a Chase branch with the waived annual fee (see Approved for 100K Chase Sapphire Preferred, Waived Annual Fee) but if that's not convenient and you otherwise qualify, apply online.
Keep in mind that to be eligible for the offer you must not:
- Currently have a Sapphire card of any type
- Have received a signup bonus for any Sapphire card within the past 48 months
- Have opened 5 or more credit cards (from any bank, not just Chase) within the past 24 months that were reported to the credit bureaus. Most business credit cards don't count against you, because most (although not all) are not reported to the credit bureaus.
The typical offer for the CSP is 75K-80K bonus Ultimate Rewards points, so the 100K offer is the highest signup bonus ever offered for this card. But beyond the one-time signup bonus, there are other worthwhile perks of the Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- Earn 3X points per dollar on dining, including eligible delivery services, such as DoorDash
- Earn 2X points per dollar on all travel spend
- 10% anniversary points bonus, based on the total actual spend (excludes category bonus points and signup bonus)
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance, up to $10,000 per covered person and up to $20,000 per covered trip. See p. 30 of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Plan In view of COVID-19, we also recommend purchasing supplemental travel insurance as needed, and when traveling internationally, CovacGlobal for air ambulance back to the U.S. in the event of testing positive for COVID-19 with one or more symptoms.
- Complimentary DoorDash DashPass for 12 months when activated by 12/31/21
Best Ways to Use Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be used for a variety of merchandise, gift cards, Amazon purchases, etc. but the highest value use of the points is to transfer to airline frequent flyer programs to reserve first class or business class award tickets. Thanks to being able to earn 3X-5X Ultimate Rewards points per dollar on most of major spend (thanks to Chase Freedom 5X quarterly bonuses and 5X from our Ink Cash and old Ink Plus card on cell phone, Internet, and gift cards) we find it useful to transfer points to United MileagePlus, since even with its more expensive award chart than some other Star Alliance airlines, the Chase category bonuses make United redemptions an excellent deal. We've redeemed United miles for SWISS Business Class, Brussels Business Class, Austrian Business Class and SAS Business Class. It's sometimes possible to redeem for Lufthansa First Class within the two weeks prior to the flight (for Lufthansa First Class further in advance, you'll need Lufthansa's own Miles and More miles).
There can also be transfer bonuses to partners; we took advantage of the recent Chase to British Airways Avios 30% Transfer Bonus to redeem for Iberia Business Class between Europe and the U.S.
If you're eligible for the 100K Chase Sapphire Preferred, we highly recommend you apply today, before the offer expires.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits