A 100K AMEX Business Platinum offer is being targeted to some people via email, with the most recent recipients receiving an email on 12/27/20, per DoC.
Here are the offer details:
- Earn 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after $15K spend within the first three months of card membership
- 5x points per dollar spent on airlines or hotels booked directly from American Express Travel website
- 1.5x points per dollar on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more in a single transaction
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- AMEX Centurion Lounge access
- Delta Sky Club Lounge access
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit every 4 years
- No foreign transaction fees
- $595 annual fee is not waived, although some applicants have reported not being charged the annual fee–your mileage may vary
- Access to AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits, but note that you can get similar benefits by reserving luxury hotels as a TravelSort Client, with Virtuoso or preferred partner benefits, and in fact it's better to reserve Four Seasons and certain other luxury hotels via their preferred partner program to enjoy higher priority for upgrades, ahead of AMEX FHR.
The main reason to get the AMEX Platinum or AMEX Business Platinum is the signup bonus, and the 100K signup bonus for this targeted offer is excellent, especially as those who have been targeted report that there's no lifetime language, which there usually is to prevent applicants from earning a signup bonus again. And if the usual $595 annual fee isn't charged, this is a fantastic deal.
The other benefits of the card are mostly surpassed by the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has better travel statement credit ($300 on all travel, vs. AMEX $200 airline incidental credit from one airline you pre-select); better category bonuses (3X on all travel and dining, instead of the AMEX Business Platinum's 5X only on airlines/hotels booked via American Express Travel); and better travel insurance (see AMEX Trip Cancellation Insurance: Chase Sapphire Still Better). The main area where the AMEX Platinum cards are a benefit is in the area of lounge access, since only the AMEX Platinum and AMEX Centurion cards provide access to the AMEX Centurion lounges. But at least during the pandemic, that's unlikely to be a deciding factor for most.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits