Shop Through Chase Offers Bonus Ultimate Rewards Points for Clicking Through to Select Merchants. The problem? Points don't always post correctly. Recently, I had to buy a new laptop, so I clicked through to Apple from Shop Through Chase, which advertises 2X points for purchases at the Apple store.
Unfortunately, Chase Fraud Protection decided to initially decline the over $1800 charge. Since I was forced to then enter the number again, that evidently interfered with bonus points posting, and so far I've only received one point per dollar for the purchase.
I sent a secure message asking when I'd receive the bonus points, and instead received the following less than helpful missive denying that I had clicked through to Apple via Shop Through Chase (which I had) and instructing me on on how to use the Internet:
“We've reviewed your account and here's what we found:
– Our records show that you didn't go directly to the Apple website from Shop through Chase.
– That means your purchase wasn't recognized when you shopped online with Shop through Chase and does not
qualify to earn bonus points.
We apologize for any inconvenience this caused for you and want to offer some guidelines to make sure this
issue doesn't occur again.
Here are some tips for shopping online through Chase
– Be sure to use your Chase credit card to make a purchase.
– Please go directly from Shop through Chase to a participating merchant's website to earn extra points. Any purchases made in-store with a merchant are not eligible.
– Check the merchant's terms and conditions before making a purchase to find out if you are eligible for extra points.
– Be sure to complete your purchase before you leave the merchant's website.
– Coupon codes or discount codes from other sites cannot be combined with Shop through Chase offers.
– Shop through Chase offers are not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates, or any other similar cash equivalents.
– Be sure your browser settings are not blocking cookies or popup windows for participating merchant websites
Thank you for being our customer. Your business is important to us. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a Chase customer.”
I then called Chase at the number on the back of my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which I used to make the purchase, and the customer service representative, while she couldn't directly help or credit the points, did write an escalation ticket. It will apparently take 7-10 business days, however, before I receive a reply.
Overall, a disappointing experience so far from Chase. I'll update this post on whether I'm correctly credited my missing points or not when I receive a reply.
Have you used Shop Through Chase only to get stiffed on your bonus points, perhaps due to Chase Fraud Protection?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits