This Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman Review is from our recent visit to the resort, which opened back in November 2016 as a competitor to the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, which we'll be reviewing next. Both resorts are on the iconic Seven Mile Beach, although during our stay, the water was far calmer and clearer at the Kimpton.
TravelSort Clients enjoy these Virtuoso benefits:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Daily Buffet Breakfast for two per bedroom at AVE Restaurant during breakfast hours only, excludes specialty coffees, pressed juice bar, alcohol and champagne
- $100 USD equivalent Resort credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Welcome amenity with welcome card from resort's GM
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman is one of the two main luxury resorts on Grand Cayman, with the other the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman. The Kimpton is newer, with a more modern room design, and we greatly enjoyed the fantastic ocean views and sunset from our Spa Studio Balcony, along with the convenient kitchenette and comfortable beds. We also appreciated the little touches, such as the complimentary wine hour in the evening, the pool table off the lobby, morning coffee, and the rather uncrowded beach, although keep in mind our visit was in early November, prior to the peak holiday season.
We would have preferred to have had our original King bed request honored however, and didn't like the tiny ants that infested the desk of our room, even though we'd taken care to move most of the fruit to the mini bar fridge and we removed the chips from the room. The chips and sweet chili sauce dip weren't good at all, so I'd recommend the hotel either up its game with the welcome amenities or at least not have the chips be part of it.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits