There's a Lufthansa First Class Fare Sale for Two for Summer 2019, with fares starting at EUR 6499 roundtrip for two (~$3640 per person roundtrip). Normally, roundtrip fares are well above $5100 per person roundtrip, so this represents a $1500 or more per person savings. The catch? These are ex-Germany fares, so they work best for Europeans visiting North America, or expats returning for summer vacation in the U.S.
Lufthansa has higher demand for first class ex-U.S., which is reflected in higher first class fares ex-U.S. (often in the $10,000-$12,000 range, roundtrip per person) so this sale makes sense in terms of seeking to fill seats during the summer leisure travel season, when there's little corporate demand.
Here are the offer details:
- Book by May 26, 2019
- Outbound travel dates: May 6 – August 18, 2019
- Return travel dates: June 11 – August 25, 2019
- Book at the Lufthansa First Class Companion site
Here are the lowest fares available for two traveling together in Lufthansa First Class:
- Frankfurt to Boston: EUR 6499 for two
- Frankfurt to Chicago: EUR 6499 for two
- Frankfurt to Detroit: EUR 6499 for two
- Frankfurt to Houston: EUR 6999 for two
- Frankfurt to Mexico City: EUR 6999 for two
- Frankfurt to New York: EUR 6999 for two
- Frankfurt to San Francisco: EUR 8499 for two
- Frankfurt to Washington, DC: EUR 6499 for two
There's also a similar Business Class fare sale, ranging from EUR 2999 for Frankfurt-NYC roundtrip for two to EUR 4299 for Frankfurt-SFO/LAX/SAN roundtrip for two, but Lufthansa Business Class is a pretty subpar product, so this isn't as attractive.
While all these offers are ex-Europe roundtrip, for those who have inflexible business or leisure travel to Europe, with their outbound travel booked and just need to book a Europe to U.S. return, these offers could be useful if traveling with a companion. That's because even as a one way from Europe to the U.S., without using the North America to Europe return flight, these fares would be less than purchasing a one way flight in Lufthansa First Class or Lufthansa Business Class.
If you've flown Lufthansa First Class, what was your experience?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits