The Bahamas Has Tightened Its COVID-19 Entry Requirements in light of higher daily new coronavirus cases, which exceeded 100 on 8 days of October.
Previously, visitors were able to take a COVID-19 test within the 7 days prior to traveling to the Bahamas; this has been reduced to 5 days prior to travel. Visitors will also need to complete an online health questionnaire daily, to track potential symptoms, and will have to take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test on day 5 of their stay, unless they depart on day 5.
Starting November 14, 2020, visitors will also have to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Bahamas Health Travel Visa. There is no additional fee for this, beyond the existing $40-$60 per person fee for the health travel visa.
Updated Bahamas COVD-19 Travel Requiremements
1. Take a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival and obtain a negative result. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result. Children age 10 and under are exempt from the testing requirement.
2. Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs. Starting 11/14/20, everyone is required to opt into the mandatory health insurance. Fees are $40 per person for stays up to 4 nights, and $60 per person for stays of 5 or more nights. Children age 10 and under are free.
3. During one's stay in the Bahamas, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
4. Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5).
Where to Stay in the Bahamas
The newest luxury property in the Bahamas is the Rosewood Baha Mar, which opened in 2018. Our clients have given it mixed reviews, although the resort seemed to be improving before shutting down due to COVID-19; it plans to reopen November 22, 2020.
The Ocean Club, which Four Seasons took over from One&Only in 2017, is open and is our top pick for the Bahamas, although there have been some issues with client stays. The resort finally has the new Four Seasons bed in all its rooms and suites, after a protracted roll-out.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits include:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- $100 food and beverage credit per room, once during stay
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Do you plan to visit the Bahamas notwithstanding the more stringent travel restrictions?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits