Book Air France Business Class for Just 32K-36K Each Way between Europe and Toronto (YYZ) and Europe and Seattle (SEA) for travel between November 2019 and March 2020, as a Flying Blue Promo Award. Note that Chase Ultimate Rewards points, AMEX Membership Rewards points and Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Air France / KLM Flying Blue miles.
If you can only find one Promo Award seat but you're traveling with a companion and saved the Air France AMEX Offer for 20,000 Points When Spending $1000 or more, you could use that when booking a paid ticket.
Here are the offer details, followed by examples.
- Book Promo Awards by 10/20/19
- Travel between 11/1/19 and 3/31/20
- Flying Blue Promo Awards are non-refundable and non-changeable. If you don't fly the award as booked, you lose the miles.
- Promo Award availability is limited; the earlier you book, the better your chance of securing travel with a Promo Award rate
- Promo Award rate between Toronto and Europe is 32,000 Flying Blue miles one way, 64,000 miles roundtrip
- Promo Award rate between Seattle and Europe is 36,000 Flying Blue miles one way, 72,000 miles roundtrip
- Europe includes: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia (Western Russia only, i.e. Moscow, St. Petersburg) Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Example 1: Seattle to Paris in Air France Business Class for 36,000 Flying Blue Miles
As you can see, there are taxes and fees of just over $200 on this one way business class award from Seattle to Paris, but it's still a bargain, for just 36,000 Flying Blue miles
Example 2: Seattle to Moscow SVO in Air France Business Class for 36,000 Flying Blue Miles
Why stop at Paris? You could even visit Moscow, Russia, for the same 36,000 miles, which only slightly increases the taxes and fees. Among Moscow luxury hotels, I recommend the Four Seasons Moscow, Ritz-Carlton Moscow (Club level) and the Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, in that order.
Example 3: Paris to Toronto in Air France Business Class for 32,000 Flying Blue Miles
Note that taxes are higher departing Paris CDG, than on the flights departing Seattle, or Toronto for that matter. Ex-Toronto business class award flights on Air France are ~$240.
November-March is off-season for Europe, but that shouldn't stop those travelers interested in culture, museums, dining, or visiting European family or friends.
Where to Stay in Paris
In Paris, my top recommendation is The Peninsula Paris, which also happens to be running a fantastic offer for January-March 2020, with 3rd night free and an upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Rooftop Garden Suite. For additional offers, see Top Paris Luxury Hotel Offers 2019-2020.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits