A 75K AMEX Business Platinum offer is being targeted via LinkedIn to some members, so if you haven't had this card and haven't received a higher targeted offer, you may want to check your LinkedIn messages. Mine was sent to me April 9 and reads as follows:
How does it feel to be a Business Platinum Card Member? Premium, with benefits that elevate your experiences and focus on your comfort. And valued, with perks and amenities you expect so that you can stay focused on what’s next for your business.
Get Premium Travel Rewards
• 30% Airline Bonus¹: Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 30% of the points back.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit*²: Receive up to $200 in statement credits per year when incidentals such as checked bags are charged by your selected qualifying airline to your account.
Enjoy Elevated Travel Experiences
• Airport Lounge Access³: Turn down time into time well-spent. Enjoy complimentary access to over 850 airport lounges.
• Complimentary Internet Access: Enroll your Card with Gogo⁴ and Boingo⁵ and get 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
Plus, get 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.⁶
Experience how premium feels with the Business Platinum Card®
Senior Vice President & General Manager, OPEN Product Management”
Don't Waste Membership Rewards Points on Pay with Points
It's interesting that the first selling point promoted is getting a 30% airline bonus with “Pay with Points.” Now, getting 30% points back is better than not getting 30% points back, but it still doesn't make Pay with Points a good deal, since when you pay with points you're only getting about 1 cent per point (or less, depending on the redemption). So even if you get 30% of the points back, you're still only getting 65-80% of the value compared to someone who redeems their Membership Rewards at a value of 2 cents per point by transferring to an AMEX Membership Rewards airline partner. And personally, I hate redeeming Membership Rewards points at anything less than 5 or more cents per point of nominal value, taking into account the retail price of the airline award.
75K Business Platinum Bonus Offer Details
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Complimentary entry to AMEX Centurion Lounges (see
- $450 annual fee (not waived)
What Are Ways to Meet the High Minimum Spend Requirement?
AMEX and other issuers are evolving toward higher minimum spend requirements for business cards to help insure that new applicants have legitimate businesses that have regular high monthly spend. If you have a small business, consider front loading your spend, for example prepaying server, hosting or cloud expenses, buying that new computer or other office supplies earlier, or even, to maximize flexibility, buying AMEX gift cards (it's often possible to find a code that will waive the purchase fee) or Visa gift cards, even with the $4.95 for a $500 gift card purchase fee.
Am I Eligible for the 75K Bonus Offer If I Have or Had an AMEX Platinum personal charge card?
Yes; personal charge cards are different from business charge cards, so as long as you've never had the AMEX Business Platinum before, you're eligible for the bonus if you're approved for the offer.
Am I Eligible for the 75K Bonus Offer I Had the AMEX Business Platinum Card Before?
No: while it used to be possible to earn the AMEX business card bonuses if you hadn't had that exact card within the last 12 months, AMEX business card signup bonuses are now once in a lifetime. Specifically, the card terms state “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.”
When Will the Bonus Points Post to My Membership Rewards Account?
Allow 6-8 weeks after you've met the $15,000 minimum spend requirement.
Can I Apply the Airline Incidental Credit to Anything Other Than Baggage and Incidental Fees?
Officially, no. Ticket purchases are not eligible. That said, see Maximizing the AMEX Platinum Airline Fee Credit
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel or cruise through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Amenities!