Turks & Caicos Has Reopened Today, July 22, to Americans and Other International Visitors, providing a potential Caribbean destination for travelers unable to fly to the Bahamas, which has banned most Americans from July 22.
Turks & Caicos joins St. Lucia and St. Martin/St. Maarten in requiring a negative COVID-19 PCR test result prior to boarding a flight for Turks & Caicos:
- The negative COVID-19 PCR test result must be from a test taken within the 5 days prior to travel.
- Travelers must be covered by medical/travel insurance that covers medical evacuation, any costs related to quarantine, ambulance care and care at the local hospital.
- Travelers must have completed the Turks & Caicos online health screening questionnaire. According to the Web site, information required includes the traveler's name, DOB, passport number, and address, as well as answers to health questions and consent to declarations.
Children under the age of 10 are exempt from the test requirement for Turks and Caicos; all children ages 10 and older are subject to the same testing requirement and online health screening questionnaire as adults, as above.
Getting to Turks & Caicos
For NYC-based travelers, keep in mind that the first JetBlue nonstop flight to Providenciales PLS is on August 2, and seasonal Boston to PLS flights don't return until November 21.
Delta flyers already have nonstop Atlanta-PLS flights; the next one is tomorrow, July 23.
American Airlines nonstops from Miami MIA-PLS are also ongoing, although JetBlue's Fort Lauderdale FLL-PLS flights, apart from a few days in September, aren't available until October.
Where to Stay in Turks & Caicos
Although a few TravelSort clients have enjoyed their experience at Amanyara in one of the multi-bedroom villas, it's not one of the best Aman Resorts in the World. Most clients have instead had a better experience at COMO Parrot Cay, in the Beach Villas. Parrot Cay's Virtuoso benefits include:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full Breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom, in restaurant
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized once per stay, (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- For Two Bedroom Accommodations, a $200 USD Resort Credit, once per stay, per accommodation
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits