St. Barthelemy (St. Barth, St. Barts) Will Reopen June 22, 2020, bringing a glamorous option to the gradually reopening Caribbean. Travelers will need to either provide results from a Covid-19 negative RT-PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to departure, or be tested within 24 hours of arriving and observe a strict quarantine while waiting for test results, per the reopening press release issued by Bruno Magras, President of the island's Territorial Council.
What is the Cost of the COVID-19 Test if Done After Arrival in St. Barth?
Expect to pay EUR 125 per person. Children who are 9 or younger are not required to be tested.
What's the Best Way to Get to St. Barth?
For most travelers, the easiest way to get to St. Barth is to take a flight to San Juan (SJU) or to St. Martin (SXM), then take a flight (Tradewind Aviation from SJU, or WinAir from SXM) to St. Barth. In July, JetBlue has nonstop flights to SXM from JFK on Fridays and Saturdays, and starting December 8, JetBlue has nonstop flights from Boston on select days.
When is the Best Time to Visit St. Barth?
While the Christmas and New Year's holiday season is peak season, on average, the weather is a bit better February-March, which typically see fewer rainy days than December-January. April-June are also good times to visit. Summer-fall months of July-November tend to be the rainiest.
Where to Stay on St. Barth
Our top recommendation for St. Barth is Cheval Blanc Isle de France, although it won't reopen until October 29, 2020. Virtuoso benefits include:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full Buffet Breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom, served at the restaurant.
- $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Another good luxury option is Eden Rock – St. Barths, part of the Oetker Collection, although it also won't reopen until the fall, October 22. Oetker Collection Pearl Partner benefits for TravelSort Clients include:
- One category room upgrade at time of booking, based on availability at time of booking
- Best room in the category
- Personalized welcome amenity
- Daily complimentary breakfast for two in-house guests, including buffets
- Daily unlimited internet access for unlimited number of devices
- Priority access to courtesy car, when applicable
- EUR 85 credit for spa services or food & beverage (depends on property; check with TravelSort for details) for a 1 night stay, and an additional EUR 85 credit for a stay of 2 nights or more
In terms of properties that are open from late June, there's Le Toiny, which has transformed itself into Le Toiny Private Club, with 14 stand alone Villa Suites, with 1 or 2 bedrooms, each with its own private pool and large terrace with water views.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits