July 2022 Update: The resort's opening has been pushed back to Q2 2024, and more photos and details have been added about the resort's amenities.
The New Four Seasons Caye Chapel Belize, when it opens in Q2 2024, will be the first major luxury hotel brand in Belize, and will feature overwater villas, something that so far is only found at three other Four Seasons: Four Seasons Bora Bora, Four Seasons Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, and Four Seasons Maldives at Kuda Huraa.
Four Seasons Belize Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits
When the property opens for reservations, TravelSort Clients will be able to reserve with these Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Resort credit of $100 per room, $200 per suite per stay, $200 per private residence bedroom per stay (a 4 bedroom private residence enjoys a $800 resort credit)
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Four Seasons Caye Chapel Belize Location
The private island of Caye Chapel is 280 acres, with 6 miles of white sand beaches. It's located 16 miles from Belize City, either a 10 minute flight or 30 minute boat ride. The island is next to the UNESCO World Heritage designated Belize Barrier Reef System, the largest reef system in the northern hemisphere.
Getting to Belize
There are several nonstop flights to Belize City (BZE) from the U.S., although some of them are only seasonal:
- Atlanta ATL (Delta)
- Charlotte CLT (American Airlines, seasonal)
- Chicago ORD (United)
- Dallas DFW (American Airlines)
- Denver (Frontier, Southwest seasonally)
- Fort Lauderdale (Southwest)
- Houston HOU (Southwest)
- Houston IAH (United)
- Los Angeles LAX (American Airlines, United, Alaska Airlines)
- Miami MIA (American Airlines)
- Minneapolis MSP (Delta, seasonal)
- Orlando (Frontier)
- NYC EWR (United; seasonal)
- Seattle (Alaska Airlines, seasonal)
From Belize City, the new resort will be exclusively served via Caye Chapel's private flights and boat transfers.
Four Seasons Caye Chapel Amenities
The Four Seasons Caye Chapel in Belize will encompass 104 rooms and suites, including overwater bungalows, as well as 24 beachfront private residences, some of which will be available for guests to stay in as Four Seasons Private Retreats.
Dining options will include a waterfront sushi and omakase signature restaurant, an all-day seafood restaurant, farm-to-table dining, and a bar with innovative cocktails. A poolside cafe and room service round out the culinary offerings.
Water activities are of course the focus, particularly snorkeling day trips to the Belize Barrier Reef, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Kayaking, paddle boarding, kiteboarding, jet skiing and sailing are other options. There will also be the Fabien Cousteau Nature and Conservation Institute and Adventure Center.
For golfers, there will be a nine-hole reversible golf course with a practice range that converts into a three-part course. Guests craving relaxation can enjoy a full-service spa and the Sunrise Sanctuary, the resort's wellness facility, which includes an indoor-outdoor gym, tennis courts, a yoga and meditation studio, reflection pool, an observatory for stargazing, and a nature reserve with hiking trails.
Kids will gravitate towards the Fort, an education and adventure center, where they'll enjoy an interactive water park and organic gardening classes, as well as have access to a scuba school and off-island wildlife treks.
Since it can be challenging to find both excellent luxury resort service and great snorkeling in the Caribbean, I'm excited for this new Four Seasons Belize opening–just wish it would open sooner.
If you've been to one of the private islands in Belize, what was your experience?
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits