Four Seasons Will Require All US Hotel Guests to Wear Face Masks Effective August 4, 2020. The policy to wear a face mask or face covering will apply to all guests age 10 and older when in public indoor spaces on hotel property, or when receiving room service or housekeeping service in a guest room or suite. Face masks are “strongly recommended” for children ages 2-9 years old.
While the new policy is specifically for guests at Four Seasons hotels and resorts, many other destinations already require masks. For example, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Vietnam, and the UAE, among others, require face masks in certain situations, such as indoor public spaces or even outdoors, when social distancing is impossible.
Four Seasons joins Marriott and Hyatt, which also require all guests of U.S. hotels to Wear Face Masks; Marriott's mandate extends to guests of all Marriott hotels (including Marriott brands such as Ritz-Carlton) worldwide.
When Will Closed U.S. and Caribbean Four Seasons Resorts Reopen?
While many Four Seasons hotels and resorts are open, some have yet to reopen. Here are the planned reopening dates for the Four Seasons U.S. and Caribbean hotels that are still closed (keep in mind that these are still subject to change; for example, Hawaii's September 1 reopening could be pushed back):
- Four Seasons Anguilla: October 22, 2020
- Four Seasons Chicago: September 15, 2020
- Four Seasons Hualalai: September 1, 2020
- Four Seasons Las Vegas: August 14, 2020
- Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire: September 1, 2020
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea: September 1, 2020
- Four Seasons Miami: October 1, 2020
- Four Seasons Nevis: August 22, 2020
- Four Seasons New York: TBD (still being used to house medical staff)
- Four Seasons New York Downtown: September 14, 2020
- Four Seasons Palo Alto, Silicon Valley: September 28, 2020
- Four Seasons San Francisco: October 1, 2020
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara: TBD
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits