Earn up to 24,000 Lufthansa Miles & More miles subscribing to The Economist. Miles & More is the frequent flyer program of Lufthansa group, and is the best way to book Lufthansa First Class in advance, since these awards are only made available to other Star Alliance partners 15 days before the flight date.
Here are the offer details:
- Sign up by July 31, 2019
- Sign up for 1, 2 or 3 years with a print only, print + digital, or digital only subscription
- The 3 year print + digital subscription costs $549 and earns 24,000 Miles & More miles
- 3 year print only or digital only costs $445 and earns 21,000 Miles & More miles
- Miles are credited after payment is received
- Offer available for new subscribers only
- Once miles have been awarded to your account, if you cancel your subscription, you will not receive a refund for any unused portion of your subscription.
The only problem is that after clicking the blue “continue to checkout” button, an error page appeared. I've sent inquiries to both Miles & More and The Economist, and am still waiting on resolution, so unfortunately it doesn't yet seem possible to take advantage of this offer, until the Web site is fixed. I've tried it in a few browsers, and get the same error message, but if you manage to get it to work, please comment below.
21,000-24,000 miles is a good number of Miles & More miles, especially if added to 50,000 miles from the Miles & More credit card. True, there's been a recent Miles & More devaluation, such that 91,000 miles are required for Lufthansa First Class each way between the U.S. and Europe, instead of the 85,000 miles previously required. But given the difficulty of booking first class awards between the U.S. and Europe on non-U.S. airlines, and the fact that Miles & More has suspended transfers from Marriott Bonvoy to Miles & More, this could be a good way to top up Miles & More accounts for an award redemption, if the offer subscription page is fixed.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits