Back to School or Schoolcation? Some Luxury Hotels Will Help Parents with Remote Schooling, setting up their quiet and spacious event rooms for socially distanced e-learning for guests' children to learn virtually, supported by staff members. After the school day is over, resorts can offer individual or family tennis, yoga, or other recreation. While the kids are in class, parents can finally get the time they need to work without interruption or to take some quality couples time together at the adults only pool or the spa. Here's a roundup of some of the resorts with schoolcation offers:
Four Seasons Orlando: Supervised Study Sessions Weekdays from 9/14/20
The Four Seasons Orlando will leverage its Kids for All Seasons staff to support kids in supervised study sessions weekdays, with the option of either a half-day 9am-12noon session for $50 per child per day or full day 9am-3pm for $100 per child per day, including lunch.
The resort will host the sessions in its spacious event rooms, with no more than six children per room. Each room enjoys a wall of windows for natural light, and a private terrace for outside break time. Each student has his/her own dedicated desk area, physically distanced from the other students, with high-speed premium WiFi. Reservations are required at least 48 hours prior, due to capacity limitations.
- 9:00 am to 12:00 noon: Supervised virtual learning, snack break included (half-day participants depart at noon)
- Lunch break: Students opting for a full day will order lunch off a set menu and the lunch will be delivered at the student’s scheduled lunch break time
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm: Optional enrichment period for those with flexible schedules including Arts and Crafts and Physical Education
- 3:00 pm: Parents pick up their child(ren)
Four Seasons Punta Mita: Knowledge for All Seasons
Four Seasons Punta Mita, in Mexico's Riviera Nayarit (closest airport: Puerto Vallarta PVR) has launched its Knowledge for All Seasons support for families, with offerings that can be tailored to individual student and family needs.
- Study Cabana: rent a pool or beach cabana that has been transformed into a private study area with WiFi, laptop, headphones, charger, and energizing snacks such as fresh fruit, smoothies and popsicles ($150 per day, sunrise-sunset)
- IT support to assist with computer and iPad issues (complimentary)
- IT equipment such as printers, portable chargers, school supplies (deposit, returned upon return of the equipment)
- Screen doctor: for those learning poolside, staff will clean guest laptops and iPads daily at 11:45am and 4:45pm
- Study Buddy: Resort study buddies can help kids with their homework and sit in on classes to provide additional learning supervision ($60 per hour)
- Professional Tutor: Professional educational support is also available for those seeking private tutoring ($150 per hour)
- Learn Spanish: Take advantage of your kids' time in Mexico and let them learn some basic Spanish phrases (Thursdays 1-2pm, complimentary)
- Discover Punta Mita History (Wednesdays and Saturdays 1-2pm, complimentary)
- Fitness classes can replace recess, ranging from yoga to beach bootcamp to tennis or golf lessons, for an additional fee
- A variety of art workshops to sea foraging and cooking classes are available for an additional fee.
Montage Deer Valley, Montage Los Cabos, Montage Laguna Beach, Montage Palmetto Bluff: Montage Academy
Four Montage properties are offering Montage Academy, which will help support kids' remote learning and is available from September 8, 2020 at Montage Deer Valley, Montage Laguna Beach, Montage Los Cabos, and Montage Palmetto Bluff.
Included is an all-day monitored study hall and educational programming for guests ages 6 – 17, with a range of afternoon activities from science (astronomy, flora/fauna) to fitness (hiking, mountain biking, yoga).
Helpfully, start and finish times tailored to the individual student’s home school remote learning structure and time zone. The monitored study hall includes high-speed internet, 24/7 access to instant virtual tutoring on 180+ subjects through Tutor.com, a service of The Princeton Review, daily healthy snacks and lunch, movement breaks, sponsored by Spa Montage, one elective per day, including PE, Art, History, or Life Sciences, and a Montage Academy swag tote bag with headphones, hand sanitizer, and notebook.
Students should enroll at least 5 days in advance, and the cost is $725 for Monday-Friday or $175 for a single day; pricing may vary based on Montage property.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits