This is a Video Review of a Park Hyatt New York Terrace Suite and a One Bedroom City View Suite. Both suites are 1000 square feet, and both can connect to a Deluxe King Room (some 1 BR City View Suites can also connect to Deluxe Rooms with 2 double beds). This makes them ideal for families who want extra space, with a separate living room area.
A single suite could also work well for a family with one child, since a crib or extra rollaway bed can be placed in the living area (note that the sofa is not a sofa bed, so for a proper bed, a rollaway will be needed; it is complimentary for all suites).
The Terrace Suite (but not the 1 BR City View Suite, which used to be known as a West Side Suite) also qualifies for complimentary sedan roundtrip airport transfers from any of NYC's three airports, JFK, LGA and EWR.
2018 Park Hyatt Virtuoso Benefits for TravelSort Clients:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full Breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests (available in The Living Room or in-room dining)
- $100 USD Hotel credit to be utilized during stay, (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full. Excludes retail products, Valet, Dry Cleaning, Gift Certificates, Taxes or gratuities)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- For bookings in Park Executive Suites and above, guests additionally receive Round Trip Sedan transfers between JFK, LGA, EWR and Park Hyatt New York
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
In case you missed our previous Park Hyatt New York Video Review:
The One Bedroom City View Suite and the Terrace Suite are about double the size of the smaller entry level King Rooms, so it's not surprising that the 1 BR City View Suites are often a little more than double the price of entry level rooms. There's a steep premium for the Terrace Suites, for their outdoor space, which is most valuable in spring, summer and fall, to be able to enjoy an al fresco breakfast or even romantic dinner. As there are only 4 Terrace Suites, there are very few upgrades to them, so for clients that really want one, I recommend reserving it outright.
It's a little surprising to me that none of the suites offer a sofa bed, such that a rollaway will be needed if one guest will be sleeping in the living area. Still, the half bathroom makes this a viable option, and a suite can be especially good for a family with a baby or young child who can be put to sleep early in the darkened living room, while the parents watch a movie in the bedroom.