This Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez Review of a Prestige Suite Seaview is from a recent visit to Cannes in the south of France. See our other Virtuoso hotel reviews and offers. and Hyatt hotel reviews and posts.
TravelSort clients enjoy these Virtuoso benefits when reserving paid stays at the hotel:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Buffet Breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests, served in restaurant or Continental Breakfast served in room
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez Location and Check-In
Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez is located at 73, Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes, with a beautiful view of the Bay of Cannes from its sea view rooms and suites. The hotel is about a 15-16 minute walk from the Cannes train station, and a 12-13 minute walk from the Palais des Festivals et des Congres convention center if you have meetings there, as I did.
Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez Room and Suite Types
Keep in mind that the lower two room categories have city views, not sea views:
- Grand Queen: 30 square meters = ~322 square feet
- City View Deluxe King or Queen: 40 square meters = ~430 square feet
- Partial Sea View King: 40 square meters = ~430 square feet, partial views of the sea and Esterel Mountains
- Sea View Deluxe King: 40 square meters = ~430 square feet, full sea view
- Terrace Junior Suite, Partial Sea View: 50 square meters = ~538 square feet, located on 7th floor with a 30 square meter private terrace
- Prestige Suite Sea View: 110 square meters = ~1180 square feet, with a bedroom, living room, dining room with seats for 6 people, Juliet balcony, walk-in closet and bathroom with soaking tub and rain shower.
- Suite des Oliviers: 120 square meters = ~1290 square feet, with a bedroom, living room, dining room with seats for 6 people and 250 square meter terrace. May be configured with 1 or 2 bedrooms
- Penthouse Suite: 300 square meters = ~3200 square feet, with 1-4 bedrooms, living room, dining room and 270 square meter private terrace.
Prestige Suite Seaview
The Prestige Suite Seaview was enormous for me, at 110 square meters, or over 1180 square feet, but I wasn't complaining. I was given Suite 530-531:
Here's a YouTube video I took:
As you can see from the video, you enter into a hallway with a large walk-in closet on the right, and the bathroom on your left. The hallway opens into a living room:
To the right is a dining room, with a dining table that seats 6. There's also a Nespresso machine here.
The glass doors off the dining room open to a Juliet balcony with a gorgeous sea view:
It's also lovely to see the lights at night:
From the living room, there's a door to the bedroom, with a King bed and desk. The bed was firmer than I prefer, but I've come to expect that at Hyatts.
The marble bathroom had dual vanities, with his and hers sinks:
Although I didn't have time to enjoy a bath, the bathtub was deep and looked great for a relaxing soak.
The separate toilet chamber had its own orchid plant. I do like that French hotels tend to still use flowers more than many U.S. hotels do.
The rain shower had great water pressure and the water heated quickly.
Bath products are the hotel's own, 73 La Croisette:
Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez Pool
The outdoor pool is by the Le Relais Restaurant, but it's not heated in winter, so you'll want to visit in the summer months if you plan to swim.
Just note that during the peak summer months of July and August, there's a charge for using the sun beds–even for hotel guests.
Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez Breakfast
The complimentary Virtuoso breakfast is served at the hotel's Le Relais Restaurant buffet style. It was pretty much what I expected for a Grand Hyatt, with sufficient choices, although not as high quality in its offerings as, say, 5-star Paris hotels.
I liked that there was seating in a glassed-in winter garden terrace, with good natural light:
There were fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruits, yogurts, smoked salmon and breakfast meats and cheeses on the cold buffet:
And the hot buffet included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausages, pancakes, crepes, mushrooms, and ratatouille.
There was also an omelet station, and my omelet was good, if not memorable.
I regretted ordering hot chocolate, since it was easily the worst, most water hot chocolate I've had at a hotel of this level in France. I'd been hoping for the decadent chocolat a l'ancienne that you can still get at a few top places, but this was definitely not that. Much better was the cappuccino.
I appreciated that the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez upgraded me from a Partial Sea View King to a Prestige Suite Sea View, as a Virtuoso upgrade. I was surprised there wasn't any fresh fruit or welcome amenity already in the room, although a bottle of wine was later offered to me, which I declined in favor of bottled water. Still, I would have preferred some fresh fruit or an edible welcome amenity.
I liked that the bedroom is in the interior part of the suite, so it was very quiet, dark, and conducive to getting a good night's sleep (if only the beds had a more plush pillowtop).
Breakfast was good, although not great. The omelet station was a plus, as were the fresh fruits and the good cappuccino, but during my visit the smoked salmon had nearly run out, and I would have expected better pastries given that this is France. And the hot chocolate was abysmal.
If you've stayed at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez, what was your experience?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book your Cannes or French Riviera Luxury Hotel with Virtuoso or Preferred Partner Benefits