The Four Seasons Madrid Will Open Early 2020 in Centro Canalejas at Plaza Canalejas in central Madrid, just an 8 minute walk from Plaza Mayor, a 10 minute walk from the Prado Museum, 14 minutes from the Royal Palace of Madrid, and a 20 minute drive from Madrid Airport (MAD). I'm very excited by this upcoming opening, since Spain has languished where luxury hotels are concerned, with few new luxury hotels over the past several years, and nothing really world class.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits will apply; the Four Seasons Madrid-specific benefit is still being finalized but is expected to be a spa credit:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Spa credit of USD100 once during stay (not applicable to products)
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Here's an image of the proposed lobby:
Four Seasons Madrid Rooms and Suites
The hotel will offer 161 rooms and 39 suites, and there are 22 Four Seasons private residences that are being sold as part of the project.
Here are the Four Seasons Madrid room and suite categories:
- Superior Courtyard Room (King or 2 Double Beds): 484-538 Sq. Ft.
- Deluxe Alcala Room (King bed only): 484-538 Sq. Ft.
- Deluxe Sevilla Room (King bed only): 484-538 Sq. Ft.
- Premier Room (King or 2 Double Beds): 592-700 Sq. Ft.
- Premier Terrace Room (King bed only): 484-538 Sq. Ft.
- Four Seasons Suite (King bed only): 645-829 Sq. Ft.
- Four Seasons Terrace Suite (King bed only): 614-689 Sq. Ft.
- One Bedroom Suite (King bed only): 861-1184 Sq. Ft.
- One Bedroom Terrace Suite (King bed only): 883-1033 Sq. Ft.
- Royal Suite
- Presidential Suite
The hotel will have a roof terrace, and while there are no pictures yet of what this will look like, this could be one of the views offered from it:
There will be 4 restaurants and bars, luxury retail that is also part of the Centro Canalejas, and a spa.
Four Seasons Madrid General Manager
The Four Seasons Madrid's General Manager is Christoph Schmidinger, a native of Vienna, Austria, and a Four Seasons veteran of over 25 years, who previously was the GM of the Four Seasons Hong Kong, Four Seasons' flagship Asia hotel. His tenure also includes the Four Seasons New York, The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (previously a Four Seasons hotel), and Four Seasons Atlanta, among others.
Do you plan to stay at the Four Seasons Madrid after it opens?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits