Four Seasons Will Reopen Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois in December 2019. Formerly the Domaine du Mont d'Arbois), it's a boutique luxury hotel in the Megeve luxury ski resort in France, owned by Benjamin de Rothschild, the grandson of Maurice and Noemie de Rothschild, of the wealthy Rothschild banking dynasty. While it has been part of Relais & Chateaux for a number of years, it's being renovated prior to reopening under Four Seasons for the 2019-2020 ski season. It will be exclusively a winter retreat, seasonally open for skiing.
Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois Location
The chalets are located at the foot of the Mont d'Arbois slopes, close to the ski lifts, and about a 5 minute drive from Mègeve village, with its excellent dining options and boutiques. It's about a 5 minute drive the Four Seasons Mègeve.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits
While not finalized yet, I expect the Chalets du Mont d'Arbois Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits to mirror the existing ones for the Four Seasons Megeve:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Food and beverage credit of USD100
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois Rooms, Suites and Chalets
The chalets will be an especially attractive option for extended families and private groups that would like a private chalet rental, as Chalet Alice and Chalet Noemie can each be privatized. Chalet Alice accommodates up to 22 guests, and enjoys its own kitchen, dining room, spacious lounge with a fireplace, and spa with two treatment rooms and a hammam. Chalet Noemie can accommodate up to 28 guests.
If you opt for a room, I recommend the main chalet, Chalet Eve, where these room and suite types are available:
- Alpine Room: 255 sq. ft, one queen bed, maximum occupancy 2 adults, view of hotel entrance
- Gentiane Room: 312-344 sq. ft., one king bed, maximum occupancy 2 adults, view of mountains and valley, balcony or terrace with valley view
- Gentiane Family Room: 312-344 sq. ft., one king bed and one single sofa bed, maximum occupancy 2 adults + 1 child or 1 adult + 2 children, view of mountains and valley, balcony with valley view
- Edelweiss Room: 377 sq. ft., one king bed and one double sofa bed, maximum occupancy 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children, view of mountains and valley, lounge with private balcony and mountain and valley views.
The suites, however, are only in the Chalet Alice and Chalet Noemie, so be sure to book well in advance for a suite given that these chalets are sometimes booked out by a private party:
- 2BR Suite Alpage: 710 sq. ft., 1 king bed plus two twin trundle beds, 2 bathrooms, maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children, valley view, south-facing, located in Chalet Alice and Chalet Noemie
- 2BR Suite Alice: 915 sq. ft., 1 king bed and two double sofa beds, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining table seating 6, maximum of 6 guests, private balcony, valley views, located in Chalet Alice
- 2BR Suite Edmond: 872 sq. ft., 1 king bed, 1 full size bed, 1 double sofa bed, 1 single sofa bed, spacious living room with fireplace, walk-in closet in the master bedroom, maximum of 6 guests, valley views, private balcony
Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois Dining
The Prima Restaurant was awarded 1 Michelin Star in January 2019, and a highlight includes the extensive wine list, with vintages from Edmond de Rothschild. Breakfast is served 7-10:30am, and Prima's dinner service is Thursday-Monday, 7:30-10pm. A bar and in-room dining are additional options.
That said, I highly recommend making advance reservations at the Flocons de Sel restaurant, with 3 Michelin stars, helmed by Chef Emmanuel Renaut. It's not uncommon for this restaurant to be the catalyst for a visit to Mègeve, notwithstanding the excellent winter skiing.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits