This Dubai Fountain by Burj Khalifa photos and video post is part of a round the world trip report including first class and business class flights, luxury hotel stays in London and Asia, and restaurant reviews.
For the prior posts, please see:
After he'd patiently accompanied me on a walk through of the Armani Hotel Dubai, my son got to choose what to do next, and he wanted to see the Dubai Fountain. The Burj Khalifa and Armani Hotel Dubai are connected to Dubai Mall via a passageway, and there is an exhibit on how the Burj Khalifa was built. We enjoyed looking at the models of the various stages of construction.
There are also photos of the many international teams involved in the Burj Khalifa's design and construction. This is just one of many:
We had unfortunately just missed the 6pm performance when we arrived, and unlike the Bellagio Fountains, which perform every 15 minutes, the Dubai Fountain is every 30 minutes from 6pm to 11pm (see schedule below).
That gave us plenty of time to stake out a decent viewing spot still close to the Dubai Mall entrance, and to take in the view of The Address Downtown Dubai and Dubai Lake boat rides:
Right behind us was the Burj Khalifa, where we'd been earlier that afternoon:
Finally it was 6:30pm and time for the performance. The songs vary (song list below) but during our visit it was The Prayer, sung by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. Here's a brief video of the first part:
In case you're wondering about the other songs you might see performed:
Dubai Fountain Song List
- All Night Long (Lionel Ritchie)
- Baba Yetu (Swahili song)
- Bassbor Al Fourrgakom (Hussain Al Jasmi)
- Dhoom Thana – Shahrukh Khan (Abhijeet)
- Enta Omri (Arabic song)
- I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)
- Inshed An Aldar / Ask About Home (Emirati song written for the inauguration of the Burj Khalifa
- Ishtar Poetry (Furat Qaddouri)
- Ishy Bilady (UAE National Anthem)
- Lana Allah (Mohammed Abdu)
- Mon Amour (Shiraz)
- O Mio Babbino Caro / Oh My Dear Papa (Dame Kiri Te Kanawa)
- Sama Dubai (Mehad Hamed; Tribute to Sheikh Mohammed's leadership)
- Shik Shak Shok (Hassan Abou El Seoud)
- The Magnificent Seven theme song
- Mission Impossible
- The Prayer (Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli)
- Thriller (Michael Jackson)
- Time to Say Goodbye / Con Te Partiro (Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman)
- Waves / Amvaj (Bijan Mortazavi)
Dubai Fountain Show Schedule
- 1pm and 1:30pm daily, except Friday
- Friday afternoon: 1:30pm and 2pm
- Every 30 minutes from 6pm to 11pm, daily
Have you visited Dubai Fountain?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!