Chase Sapphire Reserve Refer a Friend is now available: you can earn up to 50K bonus Ultimate Rewards points per year. Here are the details:
- Go to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Refer a Friend page
- Enter your last name, zip code, and the last 4 digits of your card
- Use the Twitter link to generate an instant referral link, then share with your friends who don't yet have the card
- You'll earn 10,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points for each friend who applies through your link and is approved for the card, up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus points per calendar year.
What is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Offer That Friends Will Receive?
Friends will receive an invitation to apply for the 50K Chase Sapphire Reserve card, with a signup bonus of 50,000 points after $4000 minimum spend within 3 months of account opening.
Is the Offer Subject to Chase 5/24?
Yes, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is subject to Chase's 5/24 limit, whereby applicants generally are not approved if they've had 5 hard credit pulls within the past 24 months (except for certain business credit cards).
What If My Friends Already Have the Chase Sapphire Preferred?
In that case they won't be eligible to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, due to Chase's new rules that make current Chase Sapphire card holders and those who have received a new cardmember bonus for a Sapphire card within the past 24 months ineligible for a new Sapphire card and signup bonus (see Chase Sapphire: One Sapphire Signup Bonus per 24 Months
). You should be aware that in the landing page, Chase invites existing Sapphire card holders to product change to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, but notes they will not receive the new cardmember bonus for such a product change.
For friends who earned a Sapphire bonus over 2 years ago and who are under 5/24, you could suggest that they first cancel their existing Sapphire card, wait a few days, then apply via your referral link, so that they'd be eligible for the Sapphire Reserve and signup bonus. But keep in mind that there's no guarantee of being approved for a given card.
Is There a Deadline for the Chase Sapphire Refer a Friend Offer?
No deadline is posted, but Chase could end the offer at any time.
When Do I Receive Bonus Points if My Friend is Approved?
Per Chase terms, the referral bonus points will post to your Ultimate Rewards account within 8 weeks after your friend is approved.
What's the Value of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Over the Chase Sapphire Preferred?
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has several benefits over the Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- 3X on all travel and dining, vs. 2X on all travel and dining
- $300 annual travel credit. This means that although the Chase Sapphire Reserve has a $450 annual fee, it's effectively a $150 annual fee due to the travel credit.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck reimbursement, up to $100
- Trip Delay Reimbursement after a delay of 6 hours (with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, it only kicks in after 12 hours)
- Ability to redeem points at 1.5 cents instead of the 1.25 cents valuation of the Chase Sapphire Preferred; although the highest value use of Ultimate Rewards points is by transferring to Ultimate Rewards airline transfer partners and redeeming for first class or business class awards.
- The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection, expedited 5C status at Relais & Chateaux, Emerald Club Executive Level membership for National Car Rental and car rental privileges with Avis and Silvercar
- Priority Pass Select membership