A 75K CitiBusiness AAdvantage Card Bonus Offer arrived in the mail as a targeted offer, a superior offer to the current 70K CitiBusiness AAdvantage offer on our Best Travel Credit Cards page. Crucially, given our other Citi AAdvantage cards, the targeted offer does not have the 24 month restriction that the public offer has. Here are the offer details:
- Earn 75K AAdvantage miles after $5000 in spend within the first 5 months of account opening
- Apply by August 15, 2019 (our expiration date; verify the expiration date in your targeted mailer in case it has a different validity period)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn a $99 companion certificate after spending $30K. The certificate is valid for economy class travel in the 48 contiguous United States.
- 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and on purchases at telecommunications merchants, gas stations and car rental agencies
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights
How Can I Get Targeted for these Higher Citi AAdvantage Card Bonus Offers?
Frequently, if a household member has signed up for an AAdvantage account number but hasn't applied for any Citi AAdvantage credit cards, s/he will be targeted. So if a family member at your address doesn't yet have an AAdvantage number, try creating an AAdvantage account. Flyertalkers have even been known to create new AAdvantage accounts for their pets–not suggesting you should do this, but just explaining what some have done. Naturally, it can take a few weeks after creating the AAdvantage account to start receiving targeted offers.
If Someone Else in My Household Receives The Targeted Offer, Can I Apply Instead?
Yes, you can apply with the targeted mailer's invitation number, changing the name.
What If I Already Have a Citi AAdvantage Card?
Our offer states that it's for new accounts only. This simply means that you can't get this bonus offer on an existing credit card account. You'd have to apply for this new card, to earn the signup bonus, and this new card constitutes a new account.
What are the Best Ways to Use AAdvantage Miles?
A few of my favorite AAdvantage awards are:
- JAL First Class to Japan or Korea for 80,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- JAL Sky Suite Business Class to Japan or Korea for 60,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Cathay Pacific Business Class to Hong Kong or Southeast Asia for 70,000 AAdvantage miles each way
- Qatar QSuites and Qatar Business Class via Doha to South Africa for 75,000 miles each way
Have you been targeted for a 75K CitiBusiness AAdvantage bonus offer?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits