A 100,000 United Business Card Bonus Offer is available from Chase, assuming you qualify under Chase 5/24 Rules. As a reminder, Chase generally doesn't approve credit card applicants if they've opened 5 or more new personal credit cards (from any bank issuer, not just Chase) over the past 24 months. Notably, business cards from most issuers (including AMEX, Chase, Bank of America, Barclays and Citi do NOT report business cards to the personal credit bureaus, although Capital One DOES report business cards–just another reason to not bother with Capital One). So as an example, someone with 4 new Chase, AMEX and Citi business cards over the past 24 months but only 3 new personal credit cards would still be eligible for this 100K United Business Card offer.
Here are the 100K United Business Card offer details:
- Earn 100,000 United MileagePlus miles after spending $10,000 on the card within the first 3 months the account is open
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on United Airlines spend
- Earn 2 miles per dollar on local transit and commuting, including mass transit, taxis, tolls, ride sharing
- Earn 2 miles per dollar at gas stations, office supply stores and restaurants
- 5000 bonus miles each year on your card anniversary if you have both the United Business Card and the United MileagePlus Explorer
- Complimentary Premier upgrades on award tickets for the cardholder, when available
- 2 United Club passes after account opening and on each card anniversary date
- Free first checked bag for the primary Cardholder and one companion traveling on the same reservation when the Cardholder includes his/her MileagePlus number on a flight reservation purchased from United with the United Business Card.
- Priority boarding for the Cardholder and companions on the same reservation
- $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more within each card anniversary year
- No foreign transaction fees
- $99 annual fee is NOT waived the first year
Since Chase is considering this a new card product, the good news, if you're under Chase 5/24, you can apply and, if approved, earn the 100,000 bonus miles, even if you previously earned a bonus on the United Explorer Business Card in the past 24 months.
Of course, United miles, as with many other frequent flyer miles, have gone through some devaluations, so the award chart is relatively expensive although at least the taxes/fees are quite reasonable. Among Star Alliance partners, we've particularly liked ANA First Class, Asiana Suites, Lufthansa First Class, EVA Air Business Class, Singapore Business Class, Austrian Business Class, SWISS Business Class and Brussels Business Class.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits