A 100K AMEX Business Platinum signup bonus offer is the highest public offer I've seen for this card, but it comes at a price: you'll need to spend $15,000 to earn the full 100,000 Membership Rewards points. Here are the offer details, and why I would recommend holding out for a similar or higher targeted offer, with lower minimum spend.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5000 within the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn an additional 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending an additional $10,000 (for a total of $15,000) within the first 3 months of card membership
- $200 airline incidental fee credit (must select a qualifying airline first; incidental fee credit applies only to the selected airline)
- Earn 1.5X points on each single transaction of $5000 or more
- Receive 50% points back when using Pay with Points to book any first class or business class travel with American Express Travel, or economy travel with the airline you have selected
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee is NOT waived
The AMEX Business Platinum has had a couple additional benefits added, effective today, 10/6/16:
- 50% points rebate when using Pay with Points to book any first class or business class airline tickets with AMEX Travel (also economy tickets, but only for the one airline you select for the airline incidental fee credit)
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards points on each single transaction of $5000 or more
For the moment I've kept my AMEX Business Platinum purely for complimentary access to The Centurion Club lounge, but I don't expect to keep the card when it next comes up for renewal, unless it gets an additional benefit that I'd actually value, such as 5X on airfare spend. And even then, I'd have to think hard about how much I'd be spending on paid airfare to make those incremental 2 points per dollar over the 3X points via the Chase Sapphire Reserve worth paying the annual fee for.
Am I Eligible for the 100K Signup Bonus if I Previously Had the AMEX Business Platinum?
No; terms state: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.”
Am I Eligible for the 100K Signup Bonus if I Have the AMEX Platinum Personal Card or Mercedes-Benz Platinum AMEX?
Yes; if you don't have and have never had the business version of the AMEX Platinum, you're eligible for the bonus. Personal and business cards are considered separate products, so you can earn the signup bonus if you only have/have had the personal AMEX Platinum.
What About Earning 5X per Dollar on Airfare?
That benefit is only for the personal AMEX Platinum; it does not apply to the AMEX Business Platinum.
$15,000 Seems Very High Minimum Spend…
Not for the business owners AMEX is targeting with the card. For a legitimate business, $5000 or more per month in credit card spend is not unusual.
Where are Your Reviews of The Centurion Lounge?
What's the Best Use of AMEX Membership Rewards Points?
My personal favorite use is to transfer to Singapore KrisFlyer for Singapore First Class, Singapore Suites and Singapore Business Class award tickets, but clients also like to transfer to Aeroplan, ANA, Delta and Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific).
How Long do Membership Rewards Transfers Take?
Do you plan to apply for the 100K AMEX Business Platinum?