Another Aeroplan Award Chart devaluation, effective 12/15/15, has been announced with mostly bad news for U.S.-based and Asia-based flyers, although there's good news in that one way award travel is now available for all regions. And there are even award decreases for those wanting to fly to or from the Middle East or India. HT to Dan, and here are the details of the changes, which are also on this Aeroplan Award Chart and Aeroplan's Region Definitions:
- Starting 12/15/15, it will be possible to book one way award travel among all regions at 50% of the cost of the roundtrip. Currently, one way awards are only available to and from North America.
- Effective 12/15/15 certain awards will decrease–mainly awards to/from the Middle East, India and Africa
- Key awards between the U.S. to Europe and to/from Asia are increasing
- Certain countries are changing regions, making them generally more expensive to fly to from other regions: Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam will move from Asia 1 to Asia 2
- Intra-Asia awards in particular are being demolished: Asia 1 to Asia 1 in Business Class is going from 30,000 miles roundtrip to 80,000 miles roundtrip–that's nearly triple the current cost! I can't remember when I've seen a single award increase that much in a devaluation.
- Not new, but remember that Aeroplan awards on these partners incur fuel surcharges: Adria, Air Canada, ANA, Asiana, Austrian, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, TAP Portugal, THAI.
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Amenities!