Is there no more Asiana first class suites award space with United miles? As late as earlier this month I was able to find Asia first class suites award space for my Award Booking Service clients, which became available earlier this year (see Asiana's New First Class Suites on NYC to Seoul Route Bookable with United Miles).
But more recently, there isn't a single Asiana first class suites award seat showing on the NYC-Seoul route, or several other routes I checked.
Here's a September 2014 date checked using United:
And this is reflected as well using the ANA to search for Asiana First Class award space, since ANA is more accurate (see How to Use ANA to Search for Star Alliance Award Space):
Meanwhile, there is still some ANA old first class award availability (not Asiana Suites), for example on the Frankfurt to Seoul route, although keep in mind that using United miles, this runs 80,000 United miles each way, rather than the 70,000 miles that the U.S. to Seoul first class awards, including Asiana first class suites awards, price at when available:
While this could be a temporary fluke, so mark this as developing, it's not looking good right now for Asiana first class suites awards. For getting to Asia in first class, consider some of these options instead:
- ANA First Class with United miles
- Thai First Class with United miles
- Cathay Pacific First Class with American AAdvantage miles
- Cathay Pacific First Class with British Airways miles (more miles, but better award availability since British Airways Avios award calendar opens earlier than American)
- Singapore Suites with Singapore KrisFlyer miles (transfer from AMEX Membership Rewards)
- Korean Air First Class with Korean Air Skypass miles (transfer from Ultimate Rewards; note that Korean Air First Class can NOT be booked with Alaska Air–see Alaska Airlines Korean Air Awards Available Online)
- Lufthansa First Class booked in advance with Miles & More miles
- Lufthansa First Class booked last minute with United miles
What's your experience of the past few days with finding Asiana first class award space?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Amenities!