Update: This offer is dead, but see 50K United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card Bonus Offer and the Best Travel Credit Cards page for the most current offers.
A 55K United MileagePlus Explorer offer with $50 statement credit is available on United.com and has beed added to the Best Travel Credit Cards page. The signup bonus is 50,000 United MileagePlus miles, and you can earn an additional 5000 miles by adding an authorized user. Here are the details:
- Earn 50,000 United MileagePlus bonus miles after spending $3000 on the card during the first 3 months after account opening
- Earn 5000 MileagePlus bonus miles after adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the first 3 months after account opening
- Earn a $50 statement credit after your first purchase
- Earn 2X miles per dollar on United Airlines tickets
- Earn 1 mile per dollar for all other spend
- Receive 2 United Club passes after account opening and each account anniversary
- Free first checked bag on United flights
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles once per calendar year after spending $25,000 or more on the card during a calendar year
- 50K new cardmember bonus not available to current cardmembers or previous cardmembers who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months
- No annual fee the first year, then $95 per year
- Offer ends June 2, 2015
To see the offer, go to United.com and start to book a ticket. After you've selected your flight(s) you should see the offer at the top of the page:
How Long Does it Take the Signup Bonus and the Statement Credit to Post to My MileagePlus Account?
After you qualify and make the minimum spend for the signup bonus, allow 6-8 weeks for the 50,000 signup bonus miles to post. Similarly, allow 6-8 weeks after adding an authorized user and first purchase for the 5000 bonus miles and $50 statement credit to post to your account.
Does Each United Club Pass Allow a Family to Enter the United Club?
No–each United Club pass is for one person. So if you're a party of two, traveling with a spouse or a child, you would need to use both United Club passes for the two of you.
Do I Get a Free First Checked Bag on United Award Tickets That Are on Partner Airlines or United Codeshare Flights?
No–the free first checked bag benefit is only on United and United Express flights; United codeshare flights and any flights not operated by United are not eligible. Terms state that you must use your United MileagePlus Explorer card to purchase the ticket and that your MileagePlus number must be on the ticket, although I haven't recently verified this since I don't have the card and I don't check bags. One traveling companion on the same reservation as the primary cardholder is also entitled to free first checked bag.
Do you plan to apply for the 55K United MileagePlus Explorer with $50 Statement Credit?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!