A 30K SPG AMEX bonus offer is available, although it may take several attempts with Google Chrome in an Incognito Web page to see it. The usual signup bonus for the Starwood Preferred Guest AMEX is 25,000 Starpoints, and the highest signup bonus offer this card has had is 35,000 Starpoints.
- Earn 30,000 bonus Starpoints after making $3000 in purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn 2 Starpoints per dollar on eligible purchases charged to your card at participating Starwood properties
- SPG Elite stay credit: 2 stays and 5 nights
- Boingo AMEX Preferred Plan: complimentary access to Boingo land-based Wi-Fi (not in-flight WiFi)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary Premium Internet at Starwood hotels (which Gold and Platinum SPG elites also receive)
- Complimentary unlimited Boingo WiFi on up to 4 devices at Boingo hotspots worldwide. Must enroll prior to using this benefit.
- No annual fee the first year; thereafter $95 per year
Help! I Can't Get the 30K Bonus Offer to Appear; I Only See the 25K SPG AMEX Offer.
The usual 25K SPG AMEX offer is the default offer. To see the higher 30K SPG AMEX offer, try:
- Clearing your browsing history and cache
- Open an Incognito browser window in the Google Chrome browser; you can also try a private window in Safari, but I've personally had more luck with Google Chrome
- Keep trying opening new Incognito windows as it could take several tries to see it.
When Do the Bonus Points Post?
AMEX terms state that the bonus points appear on your statement 8-12 weeks after you complete minimum spend, although usually they appear sooner than that.
30,000 Starpoints Doesn't Seem Like a Big Bonus; What's So Great About Starpoints?
The typical signup bonus for the SPG AMEX is 25,000 Starpoints, with a higher 30K offer typically available once a year. That seems low compared with other signup bonuses, but consider that Starpoints are worth more than other frequent flyer miles and hotel loyalty points.
- SPG Starpoints can transfer to over 30 airline partners (see SPG Airline Partners: Transfer Starwood Points to Miles)
- Transfer in increments of 20,000 Starpoints and you'll earn a 25% transfer bonus. Say you transfer 40,000 Starpoints to Singapore KrisFlyer, you'll receive 50,000 KrisFlyer miles.
I've Previously Had the SPG Business AMEX; Am I Eligible for the 35K SPG AMEX?
Yes, if you've had the business SPG AMEX but never had the personal SPG AMEX, you're eligible for the personal SPG AMEX.
Can I Get the Bonus Again If I Previously Had the Same SPG AMEX Card?
No, not per AMEX's terms, as these clearly state: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.” Keep in mind that AMEX signup bonuses are now once in a lifetime.
How Many Marriott Points Is the Bonus Worth?
Starwood Starpoints transfer 1:3 to Marriott Rewards or Ritz Rewards points, so 30,000 Starpoints is 90,000 Marriott Rewards or Ritz Rewards points. See Link Your SPG and Marriott Accounts, How to Transfer Points and FAQ
Are you planning to apply for the 30K SPG AMEX?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel or cruise through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits!