The 50K AMEX Business Gold offer is clearly a better deal than the public 25K AMEX Business Gold card offer, but how do you see it? I'll get to that shortly, but first I'll summarize the offer details:
- 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $5000 spend within the first 3 months of card membership
- 3X points per dollar spent on one category of your choice from the list below:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 2X points per dollar spent on the 4 remaining categories
- 1X per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Annual fee waived the first year; thereafter $175 per year
- Bonus not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months
Now, earlier in the year there was a 75K AMEX Business Gold online targeted offer, and this may still be targeted to some people, although I haven't seen any online targeted offers for this amount. That said, $10,000 is quite a bit of spend, especially if you want to get another card at the same time, so the 50K offer for $5000 spend suits us better.
How to Get the 50K AMEX Business Gold Offer
Previously, I recommended clearing cookies and opening an incognito window in Google Chrome. That said, even after multiple tries I wasn't able to see a 50K offer.
That's when I switched to my Safari browser, which I never use since my default is Chrome, and voila! The 50K AMEX Business Gold was there on the first try. I guess this shouldn't be surprising, since advertising that targets iPhone / iOS and Apple OS users attracts a premium; there was even an article earlier this year noting that millions of Apple Safari users in the UK were able to sue Google on account of Google having hacked Safari security to install tracking cookies on users' OS X and iOS browsers.
Is There a Foreign Transaction Fee for the AMEX Business Gold Card?
No, the foreign transaction fee has thankfully been eliminated for the AMEX Business Gold card.
When do the Membership Rewards Bonus Points Post to My Account?
Allow 6-8 weeks after you have met minimum spend for the Membership Rewards bonus points to be reflected in your account.
Can I Request a Points Advance if the Points Haven't Posted By When I Need Them?
Unfortunately not; AMEX eliminated points advances back in 2013, see AMEX Membership Rewards Points Advance Ends June 30, 2013
Can Membership Rewards Points be Transferred to Others' Frequent Flyer Accounts?
Only to authorized users' frequent flyer accounts. I recommend making your spouse or partner an authorized user on your account, if you want to be able to transfer your AMEX Membership Rewards points to his/her frequent flyer account. See AMEX Points Transer to Another Account: Authorized Users Only
Were you able to successfully apply for the 50K AMEX Business Gold? Was your experience different when using different browsers?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel or cruise with TravelSort.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Four Seasons Hotels with Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits!