With EVA Air You Can Order Your Meal in Advance When Flying Royal Laurel Business Class, similar to Singapore Airlines Book the Cook (see Best Airlines to Pre-Order Meals). A key difference, however, is that you can only select your meal 21 days in advance (up until 24 hours in advance), so unless it's a last minute trip, you won't be able to choose your meal at time of booking. As with Singapore's Book the Cook, there are options that can only be pre-ordered, and are not available on the menu if you don't order them in advance. Unlike Book the Cook, you can also pre-order regular menu options, in order to ensure you get your first choice.
EVA Air Routes with Special Online-Only Options
Most EVA Air long haul international flights offer special menu choices that are only available when pre-ordered, and not on the regular in-flight menu.
Between Taipei TPE and:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Shanghai Pudong
- San Francisco
- Tokyo Narita
Between Bangkok and:
Between Taipei Songshan and:
- Shanghai Hongqiao
- Tokyo Haneda
How to Order Meals in Advance When Flying EVA Royal Laurel Business Class
You'll need EVA Air's booking reference number, so if you booked your flight using Aeroplan or other Star Alliance miles, make sure to get EVA's booking reference as the Aeroplan one is different. Enter it on the EVA Air Manage My Booking page. Be sure to enter your full given name (no spaces) to pull it up correctly.
If you're traveling with a companion, you'll be prompted for their details as well, and can select whether you want to pre-order meals for both of you, or just yourself.
Click on the Meal Order link to view the choices for your flight.
Example of EVA Meal Pre-Order Choices on JFK-TPE
The green icons with the spoon and fork in the screenshots (and with asterisks below) indicate that the selection is only available as an online pre-order item, and will not be offered on the in-flight menu.
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Morel Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Spinach Tagliatelle
- Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet Topped with Garlic with Crystal Pink Salt or Rosemary and Brandy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potatoes
- Noodle Soup with Chilean Sea Bass and Fish Cake
- *Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles*
- *Grilled Pork Chop with Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato with Cheese*
- *Lamb Mignonette with Garlic Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Green Pea Risotto*
- *French Chicken Breast with Balsamic Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Polenta Cake*
- *Mustard and Pepper Crusted Veal in Morel Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Basil*
Example of EVA Meal Pre-Order Choices on TPE-BKK
- Provencal Beef Stew Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
- Braised Chicken with Chinese Yam and Red Date in Sesame Oil Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Longevity Fine Noodles with Sesame Oil
- Wok Fried Seafood with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
- *Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Kalamata Olives*
- *Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles*
- *Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Truffle and Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables Roasted Red Skin Potatoes*
- *Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice*
Best Meals to Preorder on EVA
EVA Air's meals change about every 3 months and vary by route, so chances are you'll have a different selection than pictured here. But based on TravelSort Client feedback, stews and braised dishes tend to be better, since they're in liquid and less likely to turn out overdone or tough, even if the crew on your flight overheats your meal. For similar reasons, clients recommend not ordering the lamb or chicken breast dishes, because they can be tough if the crew cooks them too long when reheating them. A couple clients have recommended Sea Bass, when available, and the noodle soups, even if they are on the regular menu and not pre-order exclusives. And one client mentioned that he preferred the Beef Burger, available as a snack midway through the flight, over the steak he'd pre-ordered, as the steak was on the tough side.
If you've pre-ordered meals on EVA, what were your favorite dishes?
How Long Does It Take to Redeposit Miles?
Review: Garuda Business Class, 777-300ER
JAL Partner Award Chart Devaluation: Emirates First Class Increases 22-29%
3 Business Class Airline Products I Look Forward to Flying
If you enjoyed this, join 200,000+ readers: follow TravelSort on Twitter or like us on Facebook to be alerted to new posts.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube and TravelSort on Instagram for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits