There was a Chase Ink Bold 60,000 point bonus offer publicly available (just removed), which was the highest offer to date for this card. Since we don't know how long this will last (unfortunately already gone), if you were thinking of applying at some point for this card, now would be a good time to do it. I don't earn any referral for this link, but it's a great offer. I've written a Chase Ink Bold Review but here's a quick summary of the offer and benefits:
- 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after $5000 spend in 3 months
- 5x points: office supply stores, Internet, wireless service, landline service
- 2x points: hotels, gas
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee waived the first year, then $95/year
This is a business card, so you will be asked questions about your business, but you do *not* need to have an incorporated business or LLC; you may apply using your social security number. Even if you have a business in the planning stage, it's good to have a separate business card so that all business-related expenses can go on that card. Makes it a lot easier at tax time when figuring out your deductions.
Bottom line: Yes, there is a higher minimum spend for the card than for personal cards (which makes sense, since this is a business card) but, especially since the Chase Sapphire offer has been reduced to 40,000 points, this is a worthwhile application if you're seeking more United miles, especially if you've already gotten the MileagePlus Explorer card (see Best United Miles Offers Available Now).
If, like me, you recently (within the past 90 days) applied through for the Ink Bold, you can send Chase a Secure Message for Offer Matching Note: I would *not* try to attach a screenshot when doing this; I tried to and it resulted in a 500 error. Maybe just my luck, but if you do attempt it, at least save your message first so you don't have to retype.
Chase Application Tip and Bonus Points Reminders:
- You can often get approved for one Chase personal card and one Chase business card at the same time, so if you don't have them, you may want to apply for the Chase Ink Bold and one Chase personal card (e.g United MileagePlus Explorer, Sapphire Preferred or Chase Freedom) at the same time. To apply, see Best Travel Credit Cards
- Don't close any Chase cards before calling Reconsideration to get approved; you can often ask to transfer credit limits from cards you don't use or are planning to close, in order to get approved for new Chase cards
- Don't miss out on Ultimate Rewards bonus points for the Chase Freedom: make sure you have a Chase checking account for Chase Exclusives Bonuses: Maximize Chase Freedom Points
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!
HT: sun_aa, FlyerTalk