Finally. British Airways is now allowing refunds for vouchers issued for flights BA cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19. Previously, as we reported in European Airlines to Refund COVID-19 Cancelled Flights and Unwanted Vouchers, British Airways and fifteen other European Airlines committed to the European Consumer Protection Cooperation authorities to refund passengers who were forced into taking vouchers instead of refunds for flights that the airlines cancelled in 2020, as the coronavirus pandemic unfolded. British Airlines was #12 on our list of the Worst Major Airlines for COVID-19 Refunds in 2020, based on U.S. airline complaints (naturally the ranking would be worse from the perspective of British travelers, who fly BA far more frequently).
Here's what to do to claim your refund:
- To be eligible, British Airways must have cancelled your flight between March 9-November 19, 2020, and you must have requested an eVoucher
- Apply for a refund 24 months from the date of issue of your eVoucher, using the eVoucher refund form
- A refund form must be completed for each eVoucher, if you have multiple eVouchers
- If part of the original booking was made using British Airways Avios and you are requesting a refund, the Avios will be returned to your Executive Club account
- British Airways is also emailing notification of eligibility
- Refunds can take up to 30 days to process
For more details, see BA's eVoucher Refund Option page.
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits