8/3/14 Update: Dead; best current offer appears to be the 60K Citi Exective AAdvantage with $100 statement credit
2/4/14 Update: Citi matched me to the 100K Citi Executive AAdvantage offer with $200 statement credit: if you applied for the 75K offer, it's worth a call to see if you can be matched to the 100K offer.
There's a 75,000 Citi Executive AAdvantage bonus offer, per Brian, which given the $450 annual fee (not waived) enables you to buy AAdvantage miles at 0.6 cents each–nearly half a cent per miles, which is a very good deal these days. I've added it to the Best Travel Credit Cards page. Here are the details:
- Earn 75,000 AAdvantage miles after spending $7500 within the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn up to $100 in statement credit for spend within the first 12 months
- Enjoy Admirals Club membership (value of $475)
- Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) after spending $40,000 each calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Chip and signature card
- $450 annual fee (not waived)
- US Airways MasterCard 40,000 Miles: 40,000 bonus miles after first spend, but $89 annual fee is NOT waived. See link on the Best Travel Credit Cards page. Note that if you already have this card, you are likely to be denied, but it can be worth a try.
- Barclays Arrival Card – 40,000 Bonus Miles = $440 Rebate on Travel: The best use of the Barclays Arrival card is to redeem the signup bonus, plus any other miles you earn from card spend (2x miles for ALL spend) for a rebate of your travel expenses. For example, you can get the airline fees and fuel surcharges rebated when you pay using the card. It's especially handy if you have foreign carrier fees, for example on a one way flight departing from an international destination, where the fees are in the local currency, since there are no foreign exchange fees on the card.
Do you plan to apply for the Citi Executive AAdvantage card with the 75,000 bonus AAdvantage miles?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!