A 60K Ink Plus bonus offer is back until March 1, 2015 and listed on the Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards page, although unlike last year's 60K offer, the $95 annual fee is NOT waived with this offer.
Here are the details:
60K Chase Ink Plus Offer
- 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5000 in the first 3 months from account opening (10,000 more points than the usual 50,000 points signup bonus)
- 5X points per dollar on the first $50,000 in combined purchases for office supply store spend, telephone, cable and Internet services
- 2X points on the first $50,000 of combined purchases for spend on gas stations and directly with hotels
- 1:1 point transfer to Singapore Airlines, United, Hyatt, British Airways, Korean Air, Southwest, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, InterContinental, Priority Club, Amtrak, Virgin Atlantic
- $95 annual fee is NOT waived first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Not available to current cardmembers or to previous cardmembers who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months
Do I Qualify for a Small Business Credit Card?
If you have any kind of small business, including consulting, renting out apartments or other real estate, selling items on eBay or Amazon, etc. you may qualify. That said, it has become somewhat harder to successfully apply for Ink small business cards. Be prepared to answer all the usual business questions such as what your business does, how long you've been in operation, recent revenues, costs, profits for the past couple years and forecasts for this year.
Also see Ink Business Card Sign Up Tips
I Didn't Get Instantly Approved–Do I Have to Wait for an Answer in the Mail?
No–you can (and should) call Chase Reconsideration for business cards. See Call These Reconsideration Phone Numbers
. Be prepared to discuss the questions mentioned above. Always tell the truth, even if your business is small or in the planning stages.
How Long Are the Increased Ink Bonus Offers Valid?
Unclear. Last year they were available for 1 week, so it may be similar this time around, but there's no specified end date for the offer.
Can I Apply for and Get Approved for More Than One Ink Business Card?
In the past it was possible to apply for and get approved for more than one Ink business card if you legitimately had 2 businesses. That said, the current bonus language indicates that you are NOT eligible if you already have the card or received a bonus for this card within the past 24 months, which appears to rule out getting more than one bonus, even if you do have 2 businesses. If you have the old Ink Bold card and not the Ink Plus card (and haven't received a bonus for the Ink Plus within the past 24 months) you would be eligible for the 60K Ink Plus offer, however.
I've Previously Had the Ink Plus MasterCard; Can I Get a Bonus for the Ink Plus Visa?
Yes. If you previously had the Ink Plus MasterCard version and want the Visa version (which is the only version being issued now), the Visa is considered a separate product from the MasterCard, so you would be able to receive another signup bonus.
What Are the Best Uses of Ultimate Rewards Points After the United Award Chart Devaluation?
With the United Award Chart Devaluation
, international partner awards to Europe and Asia increased by 63%-86%. Because of this, I consider the two best transfer partners Singapore KrisFlyer and Korean Air Skypass.
For regions more or less unscathed by the United devaluation, such as South America, domestic U.S. and Hawaii (see Best Frequent Flyer Miles for Hawaii Awards
), it can still make sense to transfer to United, although also look at booking domestic tickets with Singapore KrisFlyer or Lufthansa Miles & More.
Do you plan to apply for the 60K Ink Plus card?